Dear Eccles–I remember a sales expert saying that people give a reason, but not the real reason.I wonder what the real reason is, why you gave up being a Catholic!!what moral law are you sinning against I wonder?But back to the main thread–I was in the line of people going up to communion,a woman about four people in front of me received communion on the tongue( which was her right)from the priest–I got the impression that he was peeved about this, as he was a “trendy"pastor and sort of shifted suddenly away.I noticed that in the process a host was flung accross the floor from the patten,it stopped near the feet of people on the other side and no one else saw this and the Host(Jesus Christ)was just about to be trampled under the feet of those going to communion in the left row.Father did not seem to do anything, so I quickly picked up Our Lord and consummed it.As I went past the Priest,he said “thank you”.By the way I too, normally receive Our Lord on the tongue by choice.I wonder what was more important-sticking to rigid rules or using our God given common sense and not allowing Our Lord to be trampled upon by men! I wonder if you Eccles, are trampling that same Jesus with your disbelief and your righteous attitude of non belief.What is more important-the manner of receiving Lord on the tongue (hand) or receiving Jesus in our souls,as that is what communion is all about–food for the soul, on the journey of our spiritual life-why are you killing your soul of spiritual starvation Eccles??,I prayed for the priest involved and gave him the benefit of doubt about this event,maybe he is a slow thinker or did not notice the host until he saw my actions, where as I have always been” ten steps ahead "sort of thing.Lord Santify your priests and sacred ministers. Jesus,have mercy upon me,a sinner!O Mary,conceived without Original Sin,pray for us who have recourse to Thee and for those who do not,the churchless millions.Amen.