Spouse of God

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charlie_Zeaiter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charlie_Zeaiter

Guest
The Church is known as the spouse of Christ.
Mary is known as the spouse of the Holy Spirit.

Who/what is known as the spouse of the Father? Or am I completely mistaken in my understanding.
 
I’ve never heard of anyone being called spouse of the Father except many times in the OT God is shown as having a spousal relationship with Israel.
In addition to the Church being referred to as the spouse of Christ, it’s also referred to as His body. Writers such as Teresa of Avila say each soul is called ultimately to a mystical marriage with Christ. And religious sisters are referred to as spouses of Christ. I suppose marriage is the image that comes closest to the kind of relationship God wants to have with us.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top