Spreading the Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelka

New member
If you introduce God’s love to an atheist and they mock, should you continue or give up with them and try another?

Book of Matthew - Chapter 10
14 And if anyone does not welcome you or listen to what you have to say, as you walk out of the house or town shake the dust from your feet.

Have I answered my own question?
 
If you introduce God’s love to an atheist and they mock, should you continue or give up with them and try another?

Book of Matthew - Chapter 10
14 And if anyone does not welcome you or listen to what you have to say, as you walk out of the house or town shake the dust from your feet.

Have I answered my own question?
It’s also the manner of presentation. If you shout out among the streets 'John 3:16! For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son!" and an atheist replies “I don’t believe in the Bible”, you’re the one who is kind of at fault. When you’re going to debate someone, you must have an area of shared belief. I’d suggest looking into arguments for the existence of God based on reason, and once you reason out God, you can proceed to talk about the validity of Scripture, once you have that, then you can start using Scripture.

-Prophecy
 
It’s also the manner of presentation. If you shout out among the streets 'John 3:16! For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son!" and an atheist replies “I don’t believe in the Bible”, you’re the one who is kind of at fault. When you’re going to debate someone, you must have an area of shared belief. I’d suggest looking into arguments for the existence of God based on reason, and once you reason out God, you can proceed to talk about the validity of Scripture, once you have that, then you can start using Scripture.

-Prophecy
Excellent post, Prophesy!👍
You have summed up, in a nutshell, a model approach; in fact, I will now boldly call it the ‘Prophesy Model’! (Has a ring to it, don’t you agree!?)
God Bless,
Colmcille.🙂
 
Excellent post, Prophesy!👍
You have summed up, in a nutshell, a model approach; in fact, I will now boldly call it the ‘Prophesy Model’! (Has a ring to it, don’t you agree!?)
God Bless,
Colmcille.🙂
Oh dear,
that’s going straight to my head. XD

Thanks

-Prophecy
 
Oh dear,
that’s going straight to my head. XD

Thanks

-Prophecy
Prophecy,

You hit the nail on the head on your first post. Remember Paul’s words where he became like a child to children, and like a Roman to the Romans (I’m paraphrasing rather poorly, I might add). We saw this in Acts of the Apostles where Paul addressed the Athenians in the Aeropagus. He started with the temple “to the unseen god”. Admittedly, he didn’t get too far with the Athenians, but you can see where St. Paul adjusted his message to his audience.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top