St. Bernard Medal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jeanne71350
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeanne71350

Guest
Hi all,

Well, I heard today that if you get a St. Bernard medal and have it blessed, it’s sort of like an exorcism tool. They said if you wear it, no unclean spirit can come in you, and if someone else is around who has one, the power of the medal would help them. Is this true? Which St. Bernard is it, because I know there is several.

Thanks!!!

God bless all of you!

-Jeanne
 
It is the Saint Benedict Medal that protects against evil. But sacramentals aren’t magic; their power relies on the prayer of the believer.
 
It is the Saint Benedict Medal that protects against evil. But sacramentals aren’t magic; their power relies on the prayer of the believer.
Sorry, that’s what I meant…You get some saints confused when studying Church History so much. 🙂 I did a report on St. Bernard of Clairveaux, and I guess I’m thinking of him.

But, thanks.

-Jeanne
 
It is the Saint Benedict Medal that protects against evil. But sacramentals aren’t magic; their power relies on the prayer of the believer.
This is true, it’s a Sacramental. But like scapulars, medals do help to us to stay close to God, usually through a prayer or devotion. Wear the medal, but keep in mind it is your faith and closeness to God that will help keep evil away… Peace …
 
Hi all,

Well, I heard today that if you get a St. Bernard medal and have it blessed, it’s sort of like an exorcism tool. They said if you wear it, no unclean spirit can come in you, and if someone else is around who has one, the power of the medal would help them. Is this true? Which St. Bernard is it, because I know there is several.

Thanks!!!

God bless all of you!

-Jeanne
I think you mean St. Benedict.

You can read more about the medal here.

Keep in mind that the medal is not some kind of magic. As the page I cited above says:

The purpose of using the medal in any of the above ways is to call down God’s blessing and protection upon us, wherever we are, and upon our homes and possessions, especially through the intercession of St. Benedict. By the conscious and devout use of the medal, it becomes, as it were, a constant silent prayer and reminder to us of our dignity as followers of Christ.

[snip]

The Medal of St. Benedict can serve as a constant reminder of the need for us to take up our cross daily and “follow the true King, Christ our Lord,” and thus learn “to share in his heavenly kingdom,” as St. Benedict urges us in the Prolog of his Rule.
 
I think you mean St. Benedict.

You can read more about the medal here.

Keep in mind that the medal is not some kind of magic. As the page I cited above says:

The purpose of using the medal in any of the above ways is to call down God’s blessing and protection upon us, wherever we are, and upon our homes and possessions, especially through the intercession of St. Benedict. By the conscious and devout use of the medal, it becomes, as it were, a constant silent prayer and reminder to us of our dignity as followers of Christ.

[snip]

The Medal of St. Benedict can serve as a constant reminder of the need for us to take up our cross daily and “follow the true King, Christ our Lord,” and thus learn “to share in his heavenly kingdom,” as St. Benedict urges us in the Prolog of his Rule.
Thank you! I’m an ardent medal wearer…so i think this medal will suit me well! I wear a St. Joan of Arc, Divine Mercy, and hopefully I can get a St. Benedict one.
 
The Saint Benedict medal, besides holy water, is about the best sacramental I know of in regards to protection from evil.

It receives an exorcism blessing by a priest, properly. Any priest can perform this, not just a Benedictine.

If the proper blessing is omitted it will be far less of use.

Blessing are remembered in the eyes of God and do not rely completely on any prayer of the believer, however the faith of the believer is what brings forth His favor in the use of the sacramentals, and they are meant to inspire faith.

In regards to the sacramentals generally, one should at the minimum have a blessed crucifix in the house, and over the exterior doors, and one should have St. Benedict medals buried at the four corners of the house, as well as worn. A blessed crucifix with the medal of St. Benedict is best.

There are further steps one can take if one is fighting evil, but these are the best basic steps for the house and person.

Holy water, St. Benedict medals, etc. are not perfect protection against fallen angels, but they are some of the best available.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top