St. Joan's - Am Church & Stockholm Syndrome

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

AmChurch and Stockholm Syndrome

Welcome to St. Joan of Arc’s in Minneapolis, Minnesota (www.stjoan.com), the quintessential “AmChurch” parish.
See Happy Pastor Rev. George Wertin profiled by an adoring parishioner on their Web site. He’s a courageous rebel who "loves the cutting edge.” Quotable quote: "He talked about loving Rome and his repeated visits to Italy—I asked him, ‘Could you say, all roads lead to Rome?’ He said, ‘Yes, but not necessarily to the Vatican.’” Har har. The Old Guy in Rome is a joke, of course. He’s not in touch and aware like Padre is.

Hear the Baby Boomer “History Begins and Ends with Us” story of Vatican II (“The excitement was tangible in those days and he says he knew he ‘was witnessing history being made’ during the years of John Kennedy and Pope John the twenty-third.”)
See the self-congratulation: “We are ‘not a parish just trying to protect ourselves and taking care of our own souls and being a holy and pious people—but a people involved and caring.’” (Being involved and caring, you see, is the opposite of holiness and piety.)

See the enlightened reading selections full of Deep Insight for Thoughtful People:
·***** John Dominic Crossan, who informs us the body of Jesus was eaten by wild dogs.
·***** “The ministry of Jesus was first and only a social ministry.”
·***** “Eisler takes us way back to the time of Goddess worship.”

·***** “With the advent of a male god and the creation of the world’s major religions we moved into a time, and continue to be in that time, of domination.”

It’s a beehive of activity at St. Joan’s. No pro-life work, adoration, or ordinary Christian prayer, of course. But there is the neo-pagan eco-spirituality task force, the ingenious readings from Anne Morrow Lindbergh and Megan McKenna substituted for Scripture during Mass, the weekly guest homilist, the Hatha Yoga in the sanctuary, the staff bursting with gay pride, the mission statement indistinguishable from a Unitarian committee on Spelling Reform for Guatemala, the lectures asking “Is Jesus God?” with the refreshingly straightforward condescension of the apostate:

Our tradition teaches that Jesus was God come down to make up for and overcome this inaccessibility. Jesus “won back” for us that which was lost due to Original Sin. Jesus, therefore, has to be more than human…for if He is not actually God, then we are not really saved.

But the images of our childhood can no longer always work within our faith. The Roman Catholic “institutional leadership,” however, continues to uphold these images.

And let’s not forget the Confirmation graduates who boast that their faith is "a mix of Eastern Religion and Christianity. My beliefs and I have found a home. I am so proud that I was confirmed at SJA!’”

crisismagazine.com/guest.htm

Someone I know well attended the funeral of a friend at Joan of Arc. She was surprised that they called themselves Catholic, Wasn’t like any other Catholic Church she has ever attended. This friend has lived in several states and in a couple of European Countries and had never experienced the like in 30 plus years of life. Sounds totally infected with the so called New Age Agenda.
Thinking back a few years I had a protestant friend who went to Mass there. He received communion and served of the parish council. Never converted. He wasn’t the brightest bulb in the lamp. To put it gently they are :confused: :confused: :confused:

40.png
rwoehmke:
To put it gently they are :confused: :confused: :confused:
What about the Archbishop who allows this behavior to go unchecked.

There is hope, the pastor is retiring this summer.

See catholicparents.org/ for more detailed information.

40.png
rwoehmke:
What is Stockholm Syndrome?
Stockholm Syndrome is basically when someone brainwashed begins to emulate the people who are doing it, or to try and “befriend” their captors.

From the article: " And so, in a strange manifestation of Stockholm Syndrome, the victims go on parroting what they were taught by their betrayers (“Celebrate homosexuality! The Da Vinci Code is Scripture!* Welcome the Goddess!”) and never even know that the people who betrayed them also robbed them and sold their Catholic birthright for a pot of message. ".

40.png
rwoehmke:
Someone I know well attended the funeral of a friend at Joan of Arc. She was surprised that they called themselves Catholic, Wasn’t like any other Catholic Church she has ever attended. This friend has lived in several states and in a couple of European Countries and had never experienced the like in 30 plus years of life. Sounds totally infected with the so called New Age Agenda.
Thinking back a few years I had a protestant friend who went to Mass there. He received communion and served of the parish council. Never converted. He wasn’t the brightest bulb in the lamp. To put it gently they are :confused: :confused: :confused:
I have to say, the more I read about this place the more it sounds like a parody of a bad sitcom.

40.png
RedCrossKnight:
What about the Archbishop who allows this behavior to go unchecked.

There is hope, the pastor is retiring this summer.

See catholicparents.org/ for more detailed information.
Yep, and he allows the rainbow shashers to receive communion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back