L
LMP
Guest
Found this on another RCC forum:
O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my Thanksgiving and Homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen
This prayer was found in the fiftieth year of Our Lord Jesus Christ. In 1500’s it was sent by the Pope to Emperor Charles when he was going into battle.
(I think this prayer was found by Imprimatur, Most Rev. George W. Ahr, Bishop of Trenton ???)
What of this novena stuff? Over at newadvent.org it says:
O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my Thanksgiving and Homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen
This prayer was found in the fiftieth year of Our Lord Jesus Christ. In 1500’s it was sent by the Pope to Emperor Charles when he was going into battle.
(I think this prayer was found by Imprimatur, Most Rev. George W. Ahr, Bishop of Trenton ???)
What of this novena stuff? Over at newadvent.org it says:
Not until later, especially from the beginning of the nineteenth century, were various novenas enriched with Indulgences in common for the whole Church.
They number in all thirty-two, intended for the most part as novenas of preparation for definite feasts.
Not until the nineteenth century did the Church formally recommend novenas by the concession of Indulgences.
The first novena indulgenced in the city of Rome, and even there for only one church, was the novena in preparation for the feast of St. Joseph in the church of St. Ignatius. This was done by the Briefs of Clement XI, 10 Feb., and 4 March, 1713 (cf. Prola, loc. cit.; Benedict XIV, “De canoniz.”, loc. cit.).
[CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Novena the](http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11141b.htm the) (13th paragraph) lists the novenas.
Does anyone know the seven sorrows and seven joys?Two novenas to St. Joseph, one consisting of the recitation of prayers in honour of the seven sorrows and seven joys of the foster-father of Christ, prior to the feast of St. Joseph (19 March) and one at any time during the year.