W
Wintersdemise
Guest
I heard that one can pray the Rosary focusing on St. Joseph. Instead of “Hail Mary” prayers one prays:
Joseph, son of David, and husband of Mary; we honor you, guardian of the Redeemer, and we adore the child you named Jesus.
Saint Joseph, patron of the universal church, pray for us, that like you we may live totally dedicated to the interests of the Savior. Amen.
source: osjoseph.org/stjoseph/prayers/StJosephRosary.php
Has anybody else heard of this? Does one recieve the same blessings by invoking St. Joseph? Is it approved by The Church?
Before I begin to take up this practice, I’d like to have these questions answered first. Thanks!
Joseph, son of David, and husband of Mary; we honor you, guardian of the Redeemer, and we adore the child you named Jesus.
Saint Joseph, patron of the universal church, pray for us, that like you we may live totally dedicated to the interests of the Savior. Amen.
source: osjoseph.org/stjoseph/prayers/StJosephRosary.php
Has anybody else heard of this? Does one recieve the same blessings by invoking St. Joseph? Is it approved by The Church?
Before I begin to take up this practice, I’d like to have these questions answered first. Thanks!