St. Louis de Montfort Consecration to Mary & Other Devotions

  • Thread starter Thread starter LittleLambofGod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LittleLambofGod

Guest
Hello :blushing:

Has anyone who is a slave for Mary done enroll in any other Confraternities or devotions like the Brown Scapular or consecrated themselves to the Immaculate Heart of Mary??

I read in a book on Our Lady of Fatima that held the Brown Scapular and told Sister Lucia that “She wishes everyone to wear it; it is a sign of consecration to her Immaculate Heart.” Pope Pius XI also called the Sabbatine Privilege “the greatest priviledge from the Mother of God which extends even after death…” cause it promises freedom from Purgatory soon after death, mainly on the first Saturday.

I feel like if I enroll in the Brown Scapular it would be too much or I would feel guilty in taking advantage of what Our Lady has to offer…

But the other day I found out that Pope John Paul the II consecrated himself as a Slave for Mary through way of St. De Montfort :extrahappy: and that he wore a Brown Scapular as a sign of his consecration 🙂
Does anyone know if he also enrolled in the Brown Scapular? or if he was just merelywearing it “as a sign of his Slavery?”
 
Hello :blushing:

Has anyone who is a slave for Mary done enroll in any other Confraternities or devotions like the Brown Scapular or consecrated themselves to the Immaculate Heart of Mary??

I read in a book on Our Lady of Fatima that held the Brown Scapular and told Sister Lucia that “She wishes everyone to wear it; it is a sign of consecration to her Immaculate Heart.” Pope Pius XI also called the Sabbatine Privilege “the greatest priviledge from the Mother of God which extends even after death…” cause it promises freedom from Purgatory soon after death, mainly on the first Saturday.

I feel like if I enroll in the Brown Scapular it would be too much or I would feel guilty in taking advantage of what Our Lady has to offer…

But the other day I found out that Pope John Paul the II consecrated himself as a Slave for Mary through way of St. De Montfort :extrahappy: and that he wore a Brown Scapular as a sign of his consecration 🙂
Does anyone know if he also enrolled in the Brown Scapular? or if he was just merelywearing it “as a sign of his Slavery?”
I have worn a brown scapular for many, many years. I usually keep a spare because they break sometimes. In fact, I had to replace one this weekend.

Also, I’ve consecrated myself to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Do it all! We are at WAR! All is fair in love and war. This war is a spiritual war and will make all the wars of mankind rolled into one seem like a picnic when we get on the other side of eternity. Don’t hold back, then! Attack! 😃

And God bless! 🙂
 
I did the consecration just this past Lent, but you’ve reminded me that I should be more active in pursuing this in my life and making it a part of my lifestyle. With that said, I wear the brown scapular as well. It is a good devotion in itself. However, I’m not sure that the Sabbatine privilege has been approved by the Church officially, and is an official part of the devotion. May want to look into that.

Anyways, I actually had received the brown scapular maybe a year or so before I’d even heard of the consecration. Deciding to wear the brown scapular was a big change and was a very important point in my life. I was very afraid to do it because I felt I would be forced to be like a slave. Little did I know that I would willingly submit myself to slavery a year later! After my consecration we were given a very big brown scapular that we should wear every year on the day of our consecration, and I keep it hung around my icon of the Theotokos. I’m also enrolled in the Rosary confraternity (as mentioned in one of St. Louis’ books) and the confraternity of St. Michael. All you have to do is get a St. Michael scapular, have priest bless it, wear it, and keep the holy days of obligation and fast days. I also have a special devotion to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts, Divine Mercy, the Holy Bible as the Word of God, and Mary as Our Lady of the Rosary and Our Lady of Good Success (see my link). Have you read “True Devotion to Mary” by Saint Louis? I think it is one of the most important works on Mary, and St. Louis should be made a Doctor of the Church.

I don’t think Mary would think it taking advantage of her. She is immaculate, pure, and loves us all as a mother, even more than our own real mothers. I think she would do anything for us. “Woman, behold thy son.” We are her sons and daughters. Jesus gave her to us as a loving mother, who can intercede for us because of her purity like no other. “For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much.”
 
** 😃 Thank you to everyone for your insight!! I am new to this forum, and I must say the answers I received were so touching and incredibly inspirational! :blushing: You really got me motivated to give Our Lady all I have to offer and enroll in all the spiritual treasures she offers us!! We will win this battle with God, Jesus, Mary, & all the angels and saints in Heaven! 🙂 :blessyou:

**
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top