Z
Zooey
Guest
I don’t get this part myself…I believe that Peter was Bishop of Rome. I have no problem with that. In fact, I was taught that, growing up, in a Free Methodist Sunday school.Why does it matter?
1.) I didn’t think your church made it a matter of dogma as to where Peter was buried. He could have been the first bishop of Rome and left for some reason and died before returning to Rome.
2.) The first poster said something about how the claim to Roman primacy is based on Peter dying there. How does the location of Peter’s death matter one way or the other?
Yet, I see people try to deny it. Now, that is something worth the energy to debate it.
But, where Peter may (or may not) have been buried?? Personally, I think that those are Peter’s remains, under St Peter’s Basilica. But, if somehow (a
So, on the one hand, I think the evidence shows that Peter is buried in Rome.
I just don’t think that the whole Catholic Church rises or falls on where he was buried.
There are,