C
CutlerB
Guest
A friend of mine is considering leaving the Church for Protestantism because he doesn’t believe most of the Catholic teachings, including the ecclesiology.
When I asked him which Church Christ founded, he first said none, then all of Christendom. I continued the argument with Ignatius of Antioch to show the Catholic Church was the first one. Since my friend has a degree in Indology, he was aware of the so-called Saint Thomas Christians. He says they never heard of the Catholic Church until the colonisation.
So my question is, if Thomas the Apostle was a Catholic, and he would have preached the Church, then why didn’t the Christians in India know of it until the colonisation?
Perhaps you can help. Thanks.
When I asked him which Church Christ founded, he first said none, then all of Christendom. I continued the argument with Ignatius of Antioch to show the Catholic Church was the first one. Since my friend has a degree in Indology, he was aware of the so-called Saint Thomas Christians. He says they never heard of the Catholic Church until the colonisation.
So my question is, if Thomas the Apostle was a Catholic, and he would have preached the Church, then why didn’t the Christians in India know of it until the colonisation?
Perhaps you can help. Thanks.