What are your Top 10 episodes of TOS (there are 79 or 80 of them). I just downloaded all of them using (UTorrent) bittorrent, 30 GIGS took over a week. Some of these I haven’t watched in a while, but my personal Top 10 have always been:
TOP 10 (order by date of appearance)
“Miri” October 27, 1966 (#8) – The Enterprise discovers an exact duplicate of Earth, where the only survivors of a deadly plague are the planet’s children.
“The Return of the Archons” February 9, 1967 (#21) – The crew of the Enterprise encounters a world with a dysfunctional society controlled by an unseen leader. (Landru episode)
“The City on the Edge of Forever” April 6, 1967 (#28) – The crew of the Enterprise discover a portal through space and time, which leads to McCoy accidentally altering Earth history in the early 20th Century. Kirk and Spock follow him to help stop the Nazis from winning World War II. (Joan Collins episode)
“I, Mudd” November 3, 1967 (#37) – Captain Kirk and the crew has a second run in with the con man, Harry Mudd, this time finding him as the king of a planet with an army of androids.
“The Trouble With Tribbles” December 29, 1967 (#44) – Little, fuzzy critters called tribbles invade and over-populate a Federation star base, and expose the Klingons’ plans.
“The Gamesters of Triskelion” January 5, 1968 (#45) – Captain Kirk and his companions are sent to fight as gladiators for the gambling entertainment of three disembodied beings.
“Assignment: Earth” March 29, 1968 (#55) – Time warping back to Earth of 1968 on a historical research mission, the crew of the Enterprise encounters an intergalactic superspy, Gary Seven who tries to interfere with 20th Century events, specifically, the test of a nuclear weapons platform.
“And the Children Shall Lead” October 11, 1968 (#59) – The crew of the Enterprise rescues a group of children stranded on a planet, along with their evil “imaginary” friend.
“Spectre of the Gun” October 25, 1968 (#61) – For having trespassed on an alien world, Captain Kirk and his companions are forced to re-enact the shoot out at the O.K. Corral.
“All Our Yesterdays” March 14, 1969 (#78) – Kirk, Spock, and McCoy are trapped in the past on a world threatened by a supernova. (Mr. Atoz and Atavrochron episode)
I normally see the Joan Collins episode (“City on the Edge of Forever”) and the Gary Seven episode (“Assignment: Earth”) on all people’s Top 10. Some people hate Spectre of the Gun and/or I, Mudd for some reason. I’ve seen those listed as people’s worst of TOS. I’ve never watched any other Star Treks, maybe caught a few TNG.
What are your best and worst?
Phil P