S
SJstl
Guest
up front, I will say that I have spoken with a Priest and have started RCIA with the intent of receiving the Confirmation sacrament, but I am still unclear about a couple of things. I will revisit this with my local Priest as we touched on it briefly but am also seeking some instruction and background on the subject
I am one of the many who were baptized into the Church as an infant and received my First Communion. A parents divorce took me down a different path from the Catholic church. I later married and have had a successful marriage. The ceremony was performed by a Protestant minister and my wife is an active member of her church.
I consulted with the Priest on advancing towards the Confirmation sacrament and he advised attending RCIA which I am committed to. This can only benefit me in not only committing to the Church but also receiving a proper education.
I did attend confession last week and made an act of contrition with subsequent penance. I understand the Church teaching of receiving the Eucharist while in a state of grace and the teachings on mortal sin.
What I am still not clear on is being able to participate in Holy Communion while not having any action taken on the marriage situation and how that is resolved.
Since I am not confirmed, but am still baptized in the Church, and there were extenuating circumstances decades ago involving my parents divorce and subsequent upbringing, what standing would I have in the Church with regards to receiving the Eucharist? As I stated I will discuss this further with the local priest. I suspect this is addressed as a Canonical issue but it is somewhat complex and surely there is a correct answer.
I am one of the many who were baptized into the Church as an infant and received my First Communion. A parents divorce took me down a different path from the Catholic church. I later married and have had a successful marriage. The ceremony was performed by a Protestant minister and my wife is an active member of her church.
I consulted with the Priest on advancing towards the Confirmation sacrament and he advised attending RCIA which I am committed to. This can only benefit me in not only committing to the Church but also receiving a proper education.
I did attend confession last week and made an act of contrition with subsequent penance. I understand the Church teaching of receiving the Eucharist while in a state of grace and the teachings on mortal sin.
What I am still not clear on is being able to participate in Holy Communion while not having any action taken on the marriage situation and how that is resolved.
Since I am not confirmed, but am still baptized in the Church, and there were extenuating circumstances decades ago involving my parents divorce and subsequent upbringing, what standing would I have in the Church with regards to receiving the Eucharist? As I stated I will discuss this further with the local priest. I suspect this is addressed as a Canonical issue but it is somewhat complex and surely there is a correct answer.