For someone who claims she doesn’t hold a grudge, that sounds suspiciously like…er, …holding a grudge.
Pffft. There you go again.
Can you not imagine that it is possible to feel hopeless about a situation and yet have no grudge?
Move on, Lucy. I’m sorry that you were treated poorly by Catholics when you tried to discuss their faith with them.
The thing is, you’re not that different than them, despite all your efforts.
You persistently misread my posts, leaving out key points, you project stances into me that I don’t hold, and then you use a fancy word to call me stupid and judge me in line with your projections.
No one should do that to you. We are agreed that we can refute your arguments without dismembering your character.
We most certainly didn’t agree to that, and you are dismembering my character.

It’s not like I’m not used to that from religious people anyway.
Religious people tend to call others stupid (in less or more fancy ways), and the intention behind this seems to be to break the person’s pride or their self-esteem, and so that then, the person would accept whatever the religious person is saying.
You’re out of luck here, my grandmother succeeded in that long ago.
How about if you just consider the arguments presented?
The thing is, you want me to consider them per your standards, and your standards only.
You don’t need to have a beautiful doctor and gorgeous office staff when you are looking for a plastic surgeon, Lucy. Consider the doctor on her merits as a surgeon. Not how pretty she is.
Strawman. See below, and above.
Do you believe the historical data that there was a church founded in the first century that worshipped the man Jesus who walked the earth?
Provisionally.
You don’t think it would be idiotic for the obese patient to dismiss the obese doctor’s advice?
Even if the obese doctor said: quite smoking, take up an exercise program, take this medication, stop eating at McDonalds, come back and see me in 6 weeks?
Because the doctor is obese, that means what she advises is wrong?
Seriously?
Did you read the following sentences of that post and the other one where I mentioned that?
You conveniently omit my point about a sinner’s advice not being convincing, but that this doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be followed.
Not at all, it follows from your doctrine. Like your calculus teacher example.
Let’s get back to the original question: are you saying that you can’t tell a Catholic who professes to worship Mary as divine “Catholicism says that Mary is a creature. Not divine”?
You can’t tell her this because you’re not Catholic?
Why would I tell her anything?
I wouldn’t invite people to my home to discuss religion. And if they bring it up, I don’t discuss it.
That is your reasoning here?
There is no group in this scenario. Just you and this Mary-worshipping Catholic, sitting in your kitchen.
There is a group. She is a member of the group “Catholics.”
Really?
So if your Calculus professor tells you to refer to her to find out the answer to the problem, her answer is moot?
The calculus professor did not invent calculus, nor is she the unique or full authority on it.
The analogy doesn’t apply to religion.
My knowledge of calculus (full or partial knowledge of calculus) does not depend on this particular professor, because there are many calculus professors, and I have already developed a certain proficiency in calculus on my own over time, so that I am to some extent autonomous in the matter (and can on principle discern whether what a particular calculus professor claims is true or not). In fact, I am so proficient that I can call her on it if I think she made a mistake, and if she’s not too proud, she’ll consider my comment.
IOW, there is an expertise in calculus that we have in common, it’s just that she is more proficient than I. It is not the case that she has full knowledge of calculus and I have none.
As far as I understood your position, per you, a person’s (full) knowledge of the Truth about God depends on the Catholic Church, the Catholic Church being the only authority on it, the only one to dispense it.
Per this view, the CC is to be deemed as having full knowledge, while I have none (and never could have).
In regard to worldy fields of knowledge (such as mathematics, or biology, historiography, sociology, architecture, cooking etc.), there is the proviso that a particular person can gain expertise in them and gain a measure of autonomy in them, becoming a member of the group consisting of other experts in a respective field.
But in religion, this doesn’t seem to be the case.