Sterilization

• Thread starter Thread starter HebrewsTen24
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HebrewsTen24

What if a person had a sterilization procedure before they “knew better”?

What if a reversal is not affordable to that person? Where does the church stand on this issue in terms of reversal?

Would the person be able to go to communion?

Is there any funding or education sources to help people in these situations? If not, perhaps a new apostalate (is that the right word?) is in order! 🙂

remember the 3 things required for it not only to be sin, but mortal!
  1. You must know it’s wrong, 2., and grave in nature (very serious).
  2. with full knowledge of conscience and free will choose to do it anyway…
If it’s reversable, and you are able (physically and economically) i recommend you get it reversed now that you know it was a mistake…

I wish you fortune and peace and success in your struggle to mature in your faith…

You are not morally obligated to have the procedure reversed if it is a hardship to do so.

If you have confessed the sin of your intentional sterilization, then you are forgiven and can receive communion.

God bless you!

40.png
HebrewsTen24:

What if a reversal is not affordable to that person? Where does the church stand on this issue in terms of reversal?

Is there any funding or education sources to help people in these situations? If not, perhaps a new apostalate (is that the right word?) is in order! 🙂
If a person had a sterilization procedure without knowing the grave sinfulness then their culpability is reduced. It would still be a good idea to go to confession and receive the reconciliation-- and offer up the penance now that you do know.

Reversal is not required by the church, but many people seek reversal out of love for God and a desire to have more children.

Yes, you would be able to go to communion.

Yes, there is great information out there at www.omsoul.com a ministry that focuses on combating contraception. They have wonderful resources on sterilzation reversal and testimonials from couples who have had reversal procedures.

40.png
HebrewsTen24:

In addition to all this information, I also think that, while maybe not required, it would be good faith for the couple to abstain from relations as if they were following NFP.

With regard to sterilization, this is a fact scenario I would like some thoughts on. A married couple are active users of NFP. They became pregnant and are now proud paretnts to a beautiful girl. During the course of the pregnancy the woman’s kidneys were injured and in danger of failing. After the birth the kidneys stabilized but are considered damaged. The wife has been advised she should not become pregnant again or will further damage kidneys and potentially lose them. Wife wants to undergo sterlization to protect her health. Will not use NFP or articial birth control because of chance of future preganancy. She believes has an obligation to living children (3) to stay healthy and alive. What does Church teach in this scenario?

Grey Ghost:
With regard to sterilization, this is a fact scenario I would like some thoughts on…
Grey Ghost, I responded to this message in the separate thread you started with this same subject.

I would encourage other responses to be in that thread as well:

Sterilization and Conscience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back