C
CatholicSoxFan
Guest
I was reading an Adventist blog on the Sabbath recently (blog.proofdirectory.org/2014/07/pope-sunday/), and in the blog the poster cited a quote from Steve Keenan to attempt to prove that the Catholic Church changed the Sabbath.
Turns out, even when searching for the book, although I did find some obscure printouts, most of the results were from sabbatarian websites. In fact, I even discovered that one of the pdfs of the book that was online came from a sabbatarian website.
I feel there is something fishy here… is there?
So I thought I would do some research on it.Question: Have you any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept? Answer: Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday, the seventh day; a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.” Steven Keenan’s Doctrinal Catechism.
Turns out, even when searching for the book, although I did find some obscure printouts, most of the results were from sabbatarian websites. In fact, I even discovered that one of the pdfs of the book that was online came from a sabbatarian website.
I feel there is something fishy here… is there?