Stomping foot at "trampled death"?

• Thread starter Thread starter dochawk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
it probably was a word that meant that they appeared to be singing.

Every parish I’ve attended has had the congregation and cantors chanting, similarly to the clergy, rather than singing (including our cathedral in Phoenix)
I have never seen or ever before heard of such a thing in a Ruthenian BCC, Even in the rare event that for some reason cantors were not available and the attendance very sparse, one might perhaps have expect recto tono, but not chanting like the clergy. At every service with a cantor that i havee been to the responses are sung.

40.png
dochawk:
it probably was a word that meant that they appeared to be singing.

Every parish I’ve attended has had the congregation and cantors chanting, similarly to the clergy, rather than singing (including our cathedral in Phoenix)
I have never seen or ever before heard of such a thing in a Ruthenian BCC, Even in the rare event that for some reason cantors were not available and the attendance very sparse, one might perhaps have expect recto tono, but not chanting like the clergy. At every service with a cantor that i havee been to the responses are sung.
This has also been my experience. @dochawk, is there livestream stream available from your Parish so that we can see what you mean?

At last I found the music:
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

This has also been my experience. @dochawk, is there livestream stream available from your Parish so that we can see what you mean?
Oh, no; we don’t have close to that ability.

But St. Stephen’s supposedly streams in Phoenix (which is what we were trying to watch when we hit this)>

Anyway, my parish is slowly adding tones, but I don’t think we’re close to all eight. I can tell we use a couple of different ones, but, as I mentioned, I’m close to tone deaf.

40.png
babochka:
Oh, no; we don’t have close to that ability.

But St. Stephen’s supposedly streams in Phoenix (which is what we were trying to watch when we hit this)>

Anyway, my parish is slowly adding tones, but I don’t think we’re close to all eight. I can tell we use a couple of different ones, but, as I mentioned, I’m close to tone deaf.
I can never remember - are you at the Ruthenian parish or the Italo-Albanian parish? Does the Italo-Albanian parish use Ruthenian music or do they have their own?

I’m at the nee-ruthenian parish, St. Gabriel the Archangel.

The other parish uses our liturgical books (there really aren’t enough of them in the English speaking world to translate their own), but their own chant (which I suspect is similar or identical to greek), and with some greek. I think there are another couple of changes, too, but I don’t recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back