God Bless you.

John

40.png
johnq:
Quaere Verum :tiphat:

Is this a club? Can I join?

God Bless you.

John
Why not johnq. I guess everybody is a member of the Struggling! Struggling! Struggling! Club.

Cockney Clive:
Struggling! Struggling! Struggling! Good! Good! Good!

I have struggled for over ten years and am onlyjust coming out of a place of darkness and aridity.

If you show me a fully engaged, fully praying Christian who claims not to know what you are going through Quaere Verum, then I will show you a shallow Christian. Give thanks for God for his great gift to you, for gift it most assuredly is even if you cannot see it as such. It will strengthen your faith and it will make of you a better person and a better Christian. Believe one who wears the T-Shirt! There will come a day when you will just shrug the darkness off, and what a day that will be for then your eyes will be wide-open to the greatness of God. May God be always with you.
Thanks for your response and the uplifting words.

40.png
Fergal:
This interior struggle is a very necessary part of our Spiritual development.

We must always begin again. Perseverance is the key.

Perseverance in times of difficulty will pay massive spiritual dividends.
You are so right about perseverance. I guess that is what God looks at. Do we keep coming to Him even when it is difficult?

Thanks for the post. You were very helpful.

Quaere Verum:
Do we keep coming to Him even when it is difficult?
YES! God knows what we are going through, but He longs for us to bring it to Him, talk with Him, depend on Him.

I don’t know if I can help you fully with your problem because I, too, have struggled with personal prayer all my life. However, I take comfort in the fact that even the greatest mystics experienced periods of dryness and alienation from God. Nevertheless, their advice is to hang on to prayer like a drowning person would hang on to a rope. God’s grace eventually, somehow, dispels the darkness, and sunshine returns. That is, at least until the next bout in the ups and downs of life, as we hopefully grow and mature.

Fr. Ted Stylianopoulos beliefnet.com/author/author_91.html

beliefnet.com/story/71/story_7101_1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back