P
Poglife2171
Guest
I am currently in RCIA after meeting the love of my life and through the scripture “love your wives like Christ loved church, he gave himself up for her” I have come to see some of the fruit that the Catholic church is the one true church.
When I was a kid I was bullied often by Catholic kids saying i was going to hell for not going to church or because I ate a hamburger in the cafeteria during lent on friday. It left many scars in my mind of just being damned and hopeless. I came back to Christianity through a non denominational church, but as I read the bible for myself the church tended to take scripture out of context for many sermons and tithing messages.
As I have begun RCIA I am starting to see the fruit of the Catholic church and the good Catholic s in my life whom I didn’t know were Catholic.
Long story short there is still a lot of people in my life and online pointing out the mortal sins that I didn’t know I was commiting. I have strived to do better but there is so much I don’t understand the doctrines at all over protestant doctrines though I am trying. Am I more Culpable for these sins if I am struggling to understand and accept the teachings and the people they come from?
When I was a kid I was bullied often by Catholic kids saying i was going to hell for not going to church or because I ate a hamburger in the cafeteria during lent on friday. It left many scars in my mind of just being damned and hopeless. I came back to Christianity through a non denominational church, but as I read the bible for myself the church tended to take scripture out of context for many sermons and tithing messages.
As I have begun RCIA I am starting to see the fruit of the Catholic church and the good Catholic s in my life whom I didn’t know were Catholic.
Long story short there is still a lot of people in my life and online pointing out the mortal sins that I didn’t know I was commiting. I have strived to do better but there is so much I don’t understand the doctrines at all over protestant doctrines though I am trying. Am I more Culpable for these sins if I am struggling to understand and accept the teachings and the people they come from?
Last edited: