F
frozenberries
Guest
I’ve struggled with this for a while now and I will appreciate all the help, guidance and prayers that you all can provide. Some of my extended family members do not believe in God. At times they make me feel inferior because I believe in God. One time I made a comment about God and one member replied “IF there is a God” in a mocking, superior tone. I find this completely rude and hurtful. I don’t make rude comments about their beliefs and I wish that they would respect mine.
This happened over a year ago and I wish that I would have been a stronger more confident person at the time to actually reply to her comment. Again, they have made themselves out to be superior with their own beliefs and have ridiculed others for their strong Faith. I’m just afraid that they will do the same to me. I grew up with them and we have shared good moments together. I don’t want to be resentful and hateful towards them because that’s not what Jesus would want. That’s not what I want for myself either.
How can I keep attending family functions and speak to them in a nice civil way and in some way keep loving them as my family without these feelings of hate towards them?
This happened over a year ago and I wish that I would have been a stronger more confident person at the time to actually reply to her comment. Again, they have made themselves out to be superior with their own beliefs and have ridiculed others for their strong Faith. I’m just afraid that they will do the same to me. I grew up with them and we have shared good moments together. I don’t want to be resentful and hateful towards them because that’s not what Jesus would want. That’s not what I want for myself either.
How can I keep attending family functions and speak to them in a nice civil way and in some way keep loving them as my family without these feelings of hate towards them?