S
smithm29
Guest
I bought a few resources on Matthew’s gospel and was planning on spending some time studying it. Is anyone else interested? I can set up a group and we can use the study questions in the Ignatius Study Bible as a guide. I don’t suppose you’d need anything but a gospel in any translation to participate- I can post the questions as we go through it.
Each chapter has two sets of questions- one set is labeled “for understanding” and the other is “for application”. For example, the first “understanding” question for the first chapter is: “What is the purpose of Matthew’s genealogy of Jesus? What does it mean to say that this background is ‘foundational’?”, and the first “application” question is “Matthew’s genealogy is intended to build the reader’s faith in Jesus the Messiah. As you study this list of names, what about it helps to build up your faith in him?”. There are four of each type of question for each week, so I think that spending a week a chapter seems appropriate.
Any interest?
Each chapter has two sets of questions- one set is labeled “for understanding” and the other is “for application”. For example, the first “understanding” question for the first chapter is: “What is the purpose of Matthew’s genealogy of Jesus? What does it mean to say that this background is ‘foundational’?”, and the first “application” question is “Matthew’s genealogy is intended to build the reader’s faith in Jesus the Messiah. As you study this list of names, what about it helps to build up your faith in him?”. There are four of each type of question for each week, so I think that spending a week a chapter seems appropriate.
Any interest?