Suffering and being catholic

  • Thread starter Thread starter eblude
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eblude

Guest
Well Since been dealing with alot of suffering and loss lately. Thought I passed through out the pain . I start thinking about suffering and being christian.

I have a question “Not sure if we ever can have an answer” but Why did Jesus Chooses to die on cross in a suffering way? Is suffering a part of our faith ,the path to our faith ? I know for fact suffering is one of reason I came to peace to great lord and accepted him as my savior.

Anyway I had great Holy Thursday my soul was filled with joy and for a that time being I was being able to connect to the lord and people around. I have many good christian help ,me with gentile touch and prayers … I really cannot wait til I get baptized
 
Well Since been dealing with alot of suffering and loss lately. Thought I passed through out the pain . I start thinking about suffering and being christian.

I have a question “Not sure if we ever can have an answer” but Why did Jesus Chooses to die on cross in a suffering way? Is suffering a part of our faith ,the path to our faith ? I know for fact suffering is one of reason I came to peace to great lord and accepted him as my savior.

Anyway I had great Holy Thursday my soul was filled with joy and for a that time being I was being able to connect to the lord and people around. I have many good christian help ,me with gentile touch and prayers … I really cannot wait til I get baptized
Eternal Wisdom.–Now, then, hearken to the sweet music of the distended strings of that Divine harp–a God-suffering man–how richly it sounds, how sweetly it vibrates. Before the world, suffering is a reproach, but before Me it is an infinite honour.

Suffering is an extinguisher of My wrath, and an obtainer of My favour. Suffering makes a man in My sight worthy of love, for the sufferer is like Me. Suffering is a hidden treasure which no one can make good; and though a man might kneel before Me a hundred years to beg a friendly suffering, he nevertheless would not earn it. Suffering changes an earthly man into a heavenly man. Suffering brings with it the estrangement of the world, but confers, instead, My intimate familiarity. It lessens delight and increases grace.

He to whom I am to show Myself a friend, must be wholly disclaimed and abandoned by the world. Suffering is the surest way, the nearest way, and the shortest way. He who rightly knows how profitable suffering is, ought to receive it as a gift worthy of God. Oh, how many a man there is who once was a child of eternal death, and plunged in the profoundest sleep, whom suffering has wakened up and encouraged to a good life.
catholictreasury.info/books/eternal_wisdom/ew14.php
 
I have a question “Not sure if we ever can have an answer” but Why did Jesus Chooses to die on cross in a suffering way? Is suffering a part of our faith ,the path to our faith ? I know for fact suffering is one of reason I came to peace to great lord and accepted him as my savior.
Romans 8

14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the spirit of sonship. When we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 it is the Spirit himself bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

This passage seems to be relevant lately 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top