Suggestions for bible stories

  • Thread starter Thread starter mdrummer5
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mdrummer5

Guest
I’m taking a college writing course this fall and assuming that I have an assignment at some point where I get to write whatever I want I’m planning on writing a fictitious (but respectful) approach to some of the more popular bible stories. Which ones would you suggest? I’m compiling a list and so far here’s what I’ve come up with:

Adam and Eve
David and Goliath
Job
Moses
Noah
Obviously parts of the gospels will be in there somewhere too.

Any ideas are welcome 🙂
 
Come again?

You want to take an event from Sacred Scripture and turn it into a fictional story?
 
I’m taking a college writing course this fall and assuming that I have an assignment at some point where I get to write whatever I want I’m planning on writing a fictitious (but respectful) approach to some of the more popular bible stories. Which ones would you suggest? I’m compiling a list and so far here’s what I’ve come up with:

Adam and Eve
David and Goliath
Job
Moses
Noah
Obviously parts of the gospels will be in there somewhere too.

Any ideas are welcome 🙂
Why not write a story about Solomon’s mother? Being the Queen Mother she was, for all intents and purposes, the “second in command” and her will was always granted (except for the one request that was denied), but her point of view is not really addressed biblically.

Then you arent “fictionalizing” a bible story, but you are using real events to write a fictional account.

FSC
 
Come again?

You want to take an event from Sacred Scripture and turn it into a fictional story?
Poor wording on my part. I want to use parts of the bible in a fictional story.

FSC said it much better…
Then you arent “fictionalizing” a bible story, but you are using real events to write a fictional account.
 
How about Samson killing a thousand men with the jawbone of a donkey (Judges 15:15-16)? Or Elijah’s magnificent stand-off against the prophets of Baal (1 Kings 18)? 🙂

You could craft a Scott Hahnian type of story focusing on the covenants God makes with Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and David.

There’s other good stories like that of Queen Esther, but that one was recently made into a movie, so you may not want to do what’s been done so recently.

Oh, the story from 2 Maccabees 7 would be a great one, too. That’s the story of the seven brothers and their mother who all were tortured and killed rather than eating pork in opposition to God’s law.
 
How about Samson killing a thousand men with the jawbone of a donkey
OOOH forgot about this one!
Or Elijah’s magnificent stand-off against the prophets of Baal
Also a good one!
Write a fictional story that parallels the telling of a Scriptural event.
Kinda what I’m looking to do… but not. I don’t want to give it away for the simple fact that depending on how deep I get into it I may actually try to have it published 🙂
 
I’m taking a college writing course this fall and assuming that I have an assignment at some point where I get to write whatever I want I’m planning on writing a fictitious (but respectful) approach to some of the more popular bible stories. Which ones would you suggest? I’m compiling a list and so far here’s what I’ve come up with:

Adam and Eve
David and Goliath
Job
Moses
Noah
Obviously parts of the gospels will be in there somewhere too.

Any ideas are welcome 🙂
Hope I’m not too late in the discussion. I’ll admit that what I’m going to suggest are more obscure stuff, but: why not do something on the Maccabean revolt? That’s rarely-explored territory there. 😉 Oh, and Ehud the Left-Handed (Judges 3:12-30) is also a good one (I’m kind of partial to him, being a fellow lefty :D).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top