Summer with monks for a teen

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anselm800
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anselm800

Guest
I am a 16-year-old in junior year of high school and live in Brooklyn. As a Catholic and someone who is intellectually curious I have a deep interest in theology and have read works by saints Augustine, Anselm, Thomas Aquinas, and Boethius in order to absorb as much as I can so as to make this a part of my intellectual formation. I really would love the opportunity to witness and experience directly the life and works of a monastic order or of friars. I was wondering if anyone knows of any opportunities for a young Catholic to experience and learn from monastic life for a few weeks over the summer (preferably in the New York City area). I am very wary of existing youth programs. I am looking for an educational opportunity for direct experience with monks or friars in order to witness an expression of a Catholic theological and philosophical tradition as well as a deeply historical continuity rather than a bonding experience with other young people. I already contacted the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal but unfortunately I’d have to be 18 years old to volunteer with them. Does anyone have any ideas?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top