Sung rosary on CD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 27lw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
2

27lw

Guest
I wondered if anyone here knows of a nice sung version of the rosary on CD, maybe with a choir (rather than a soloist)? More along the lines of classical, not folksy / pop? I’m seeing a few spoken versions on amazon, but I wondered if anyone knows of more that are sung? I know they used to play one on our Catholic radio station, with a pop-style woman singer, and Father Benedict Groeschel, which was not quite what I am looking for.
Thanks for any help!
 
I don’t know of one that has a choir, but Donna Cori Gibson has a very nice sung rosary with all the 4 sets of mysteries. It is not a pop style, it is more along the style of a hymn, somewhat classical style I would think, with just her voice and a simple sort of organ/piano accompaniment. I don’t know where you can sample it, but you can buy the CD at her website.
 
There is a Knight of Columbus that sends them out for free here on CAF. Maybe he’ll see this.
it’s VERY well done, and I’m pretty picky about music, but it’s not classical.
 
I know this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, but I say two rosaries on my evening walks with the dogs, and I have a two song playlist I put on repeat consisting of Jakob Arcadelt’s Ave Maria, and Gregorio Allegri’s Miserere Mei Deus. (Psalm 51 sung in Latin).
 
Thanks for the reminder, I have a very nice version, but I will have to hunt for it, since I cleared out the car prior to some work on it and forgot to place it back. Mea culpa, that was a couple of years or so ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top