Super Bowl Sunday!

  • Thread starter Thread starter wifenmommy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wifenmommy

Guest
We attended Mass at a nearby parish today because of hubby’s work schedule…

How do you know it is Super Bowl Sunday next week???

There was an announcement in the bulletin that next Sunday’s 5:30 pm Mass will be at 4pm…

How do you know that this Mass is in Louisiana???

Wearing of Saints shirts to Mass was encouraged and a big WHO DAT following the announcement in the bulletin! !LOL!:D:p:D

Father said after Mass that it was moved because if he kept Mass at 5:30 he would be all by himself~he said that the Deacon told him that he wouldnt even be there!! LOL!😛

Oh btw~~~~GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!!! BLACK AND GOLD SUPER BOWL!!!

Of course I am sure all CAF members are SAINTS fans!!!:p:D:p
 
We attended Mass at a nearby parish today because of hubby’s work schedule…

How do you know it is Super Bowl Sunday next week???

There was an announcement in the bulletin that next Sunday’s 5:30 pm Mass will be at 4pm…

How do you know that this Mass is in Louisiana???

Wearing of Saints shirts to Mass was encouraged and a big WHO DAT following the announcement in the bulletin! !LOL!:D:p:D

Father said after Mass that it was moved because if he kept Mass at 5:30 he would be all by himself~he said that the Deacon told him that he wouldnt even be there!! LOL!😛

Oh btw~~~~GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!!! BLACK AND GOLD SUPER BOWL!!!

Of course I am sure all CAF members are SAINTS fans!!!:p:D:p
We’re a couple states over, in Alabama. At Mass this morning, the priest ended with a humorous story, as he often does. (He is also a terrific homilist).

It is a time way in the future, and Peyton Manning dies and goes to heaven. He is walking along, when he sees a pretty little ranch house, decorated in Colts colors, with a Colts flag hanging on the front porch. God tells him, “Peyton, this is your house now.” He is pleased, but then he notices an enormous, three story mansion down the street. The walkway is black and gold, and there is a huge New Orleans Saints banner hanging from a window, and there are fleurs de lis everywhere. Peyton says to God, “I don’t mean to be ungrateful, Lord, but why does Drew Brees have such a huge house compared to mine?”

The Lord said, “Peyton, that isn’t Drew Brees’ house…it’s mine.” 😉
 
The 6:15 Mass at one of our nearby churches is always cancelled on Super Bowl Sunday. The one year that Father didn’t cancel it, he said there were 36 people there. This year, I don’t know if you’ll find a Sunday evening Mass anywhere in the entire state!

Sign outside of one of our local Catholic Churches: “They must be wearing coats in hell. 😃 Go Saints!”

The Saints are God’s team…it says so in the Catechism! WHO DAT!
 
Hiyas:)

I’m sneaking this in…GO SAINTS:thumbsup:👍👍

PS I don’t think my Big Brother is atheist…but He’d vote for the Colts:p
 
Geaux Saints!!!

I will be going to morning mass so that I can have my posterior firmly planted in front of a TV next Sunday 😃
 
Except when my BC Eagles beat up on them (last year was an anomaly…) 😉
As an irrational three year old, I angrily declared that I didn’t like red, gold, eagles, or Jesuits because Boston College ruined my perfect season. I had to be talked out of that, but I’m still 😦 about the whole thing.

😃
 
To cancel Mass for a football game??

How sad. Shows where priorities are.
 
To cancel Mass for a football game??

How sad. Shows where priorities are.
The Mass was not canceled. The time was changed. I’m not a huge football fan, but as long as the parishioners get to Mass at some point on Sunday, I don’t see what the issue is about a pastor making a pastoral decision to accommodate his flock.
 
The Mass was not canceled. The time was changed. I’m not a huge football fan, but as long as the parishioners get to Mass at some point on Sunday, I don’t see what the issue is about a pastor making a pastoral decision to accommodate his flock.
According to this post, mass was cancelled.

I cannot imagine not going to Mass so I can watch a sports event.

Some of us who teach CCD and work weekends depend on the late Sunday Mass. I guess I would just be out of luck - thank God our Parish would never put football before Mass.
The 6:15 Mass at one of our nearby churches is always cancelled on Super Bowl Sunday. The one year that Father didn’t cancel it, he said there were 36 people there. This year, I don’t know if you’ll find a Sunday evening Mass anywhere in the entire state!
 
The Mass was not canceled. The time was changed. I’m not a huge football fan, but as long as the parishioners get to Mass at some point on Sunday, I don’t see what the issue is about a pastor making a pastoral decision to accommodate his flock.
Well put!! I knew when I posted this thread there would be at least one that would not “approve”…:rolleyes: Our priest would never cancel Mass for a game~moving Mass time once in 46 years isnt cause for fussin’…😉
 
We’re a couple states over, in Alabama. At Mass this morning, the priest ended with a humorous story, as he often does. (He is also a terrific homilist).

It is a time way in the future, and Peyton Manning dies and goes to heaven. He is walking along, when he sees a pretty little ranch house, decorated in Colts colors, with a Colts flag hanging on the front porch. God tells him, “Peyton, this is your house now.” He is pleased, but then he notices an enormous, three story mansion down the street. The walkway is black and gold, and there is a huge New Orleans Saints banner hanging from a window, and there are fleurs de lis everywhere. Peyton says to God, “I don’t mean to be ungrateful, Lord, but why does Drew Brees have such a huge house compared to mine?”

The Lord said, “Peyton, that isn’t Drew Brees’ house…it’s mine.” 😉
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:…LOVE IT!!!

GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!!! WHO DAT!! WHO DAT!!! BLACK AND GOLD SUPERBOWL!!!
 
The Mass was not canceled. The time was changed. I’m not a huge football fan, but as long as the parishioners get to Mass at some point on Sunday, I don’t see what the issue is about a pastor making a pastoral decision to accommodate his flock.
I can’t say I’m really warm and fuzzy about the idea of rescheduling mass to accomodate football either. The rest of our Sunday should revolve around mass, mass shouldn’t revolve around the rest of our Sunday.
 
Geaux Saints!!!

I will be going to morning mass so that I can have my posterior firmly planted in front of a TV next Sunday 😃
👍👍👍 Yes Ma’am!! Us too!!! Matter of fact we will probably go Saturday evening!!!

GEAUX SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!!!We are changing our name from “Louisiana” to WHO DAT NATION!!!👍:extrahappy::newidea:!! LOL!!!
 
I can’t say I’m really warm and fuzzy about the idea of rescheduling mass to accomodate football either. The rest of our Sunday should revolve around mass, mass shouldn’t revolve around the rest of our Sunday.
Oh geez another one…🤷 Everyone is gonna go to Mass~ be it in the morning or at the rescheduled time! Like I said, rescheduling Mass ONCE in 46 years is not a crime! :cool:
 
According to this post, mass was cancelled.

I cannot imagine not going to Mass so I can watch a sports event.

Some of us who teach CCD and work weekends depend on the late Sunday Mass. I guess I would just be out of luck - thank God our Parish would never put football before Mass.
I didn’t see that post–where the 6:15 pm Mass was cancellled. I was commenting on the OP’s post where the pastor changed times. I agree that outright cancelling Mass is not right. Hopefully those who regularly attend that Mass are able to find another evening Mass to attend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top