Hi, Looks like no one has been on here for awhile, but I’ll ask anyways and see what happens…
A friend of mine who I car pool with in the mornings told me she has some friends who have been trying to have a baby for a long time with no success. She mentioned that she would consider being a surrogate mother for them. I tried to explain the best I could. (I’m a new 3 1/2 year Catholic, so I’m still a baby Catholic) I told her how a married Husband and wife are joined as one flesh and if she became a surrogate she would be involving herself into that bond, which is not what a marriage is about. She didn’t quite get what I was talking about. She doesn’t see a problem with helping people who want a baby, because she thinks God would want them to have a baby in whatever means possible. She is a non Catholic and a luke warm (secular minded) Christian. Does anyone have any ideas for how to explain this to her? Thanks!!!