H
Hawkmaid
Guest
Well said! I loved reading that!For anyone interested, here’s a short blog post I wrote about swearing and profanity, especially in public, and what I did about it on one occasion:
reflections911.wordpress.com/
Well said! I loved reading that!For anyone interested, here’s a short blog post I wrote about swearing and profanity, especially in public, and what I did about it on one occasion:
reflections911.wordpress.com/
I have asked priests about swearing. It’s not something I like to do. But sometimes happens. I have never been told whether it’s sin or not. Venal or serious (well venal is bad anyway too.) But I always confess it if need be.Well said! I loved reading that!
What minor sin was committed?A minor one, and some tact could have been used. Perhaps in time he will get better.
We must remember that people who admit a wrong or seek advice are themselves in pain. They are responding to an urging to seek their fraternal brothers for advice. It calls for sensitivity and tact, all parts of the greater charity.What minor sin was committed?
I guess in Ireland, all priests are sinners at the bar.Prudence is the name of the game. A priest should refrain from “salty language” in order not to cause scandal. There are quite a few people who would be shocked if the priest uttered those words. In today’s age (especially in the South), a priest should never never sit at the bar in a restaurant that serves alcohol. He should sit a table instead. A priest should never cause scandal. Also, a priest should refrain from “salty language” in the best interests of kids, particularly the small ones. Little ones don’t have any sense of moderation. If a priest (or anyone for that matter) says this salty word, why not say that really bad word? Its hard for children to understand nuance.
Haha! The Irish like their alcohol.I guess in Ireland, all priests are sinners at the bar.
![]()