Sweden's herd immunity failure

• Thread starter Thread starter Peebo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lancet warned about that. I’ve posted it a number of time.

Before herd immunity would happen, hospitals would be overwhelmed and the death rate would be high.

So much for those touting Sweden a success.
You protest too much, what they are doing isn’t a ‘lock down’ in any fashion.
The restriction is aimed at public events such as sporting events and concerts and doesn’t extend to private gatherings.
Sweden also isn’t even close to exceeding their beds or ICU capacity yet. The below chart only projects this possibility in mid January of next year. I assume banning large public events is a good way to attenuate those Jan projections.

Last edited:
Shortages of hospital beds, shortages of room at morgues, shortages of toilet paper…

But one thing there is no shortage of is denial.

Herd immunity was always going to be a pipe dream for a virus that mutates so readily. Sweden may even find that having let the virus run rampant that it allowed it to mutate into a more deadly strain.

My father worked in the medical field for over 40 years. The shortage of beds isn’t from this virus, at least not in my community. Originally, my town had 4 hospitals. By the 80’s we had 2 and now we’ve got 1. What always preceded the closures were reducing the bed capacity and closing wings.

We need to invest in our healthcare system. If this virus can cause such a meltdown, I shudder at the thought of smallpox reappearing…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back