N
nicolep
Guest
Also, I forgot to mention in my PP that I’m very glad you decided not to leave the Catholic Church.
Thanks for the idea. I tried it last night. So glad I posted on this message board. Just one person coming up with an idea that I never thought of made a lot of difference! Thanks so much**BrushedByAngels,
Your fear of dropping the host seems very extreem.
Why not just take the wine? You would still be getting the complete body and blood of Jesus, but the person distributing the wine would be the one to hold the cup while you take your sip, then you wouldn’t have to worry about a host falling to the floor.
Another idea: why not just place your own hand, palm up and sideways, under your own chin as a backup ? Just seems though, like if your tongue has saliva on it, the host will just stick pretty tight to it on it’s own.**
Thanks for the info.To everyone who is talking about the Anglican Mass.
BrushedByAngels did not mean a liturgical service said by an Anglican.
BrushedByAngels meant a Mass said by a Catholic priest in the Anglican Use of the Roman Rite. This is perfectly legitimate and has the permission of the Pope. There are 14 Catholic churches that I am aware of in the USA that are allowed to have the Anglican-Use Mass.
You can google “Anglican Use” if you would like more information.
No, I think you are mistaken. The OP actually says that she knows ‘it isn’t allowed to go to an Anglican Catholic service and receive. but there are no Anglican Use churches near’ her. The clear implication is that she is talking about an Anglo-Catholic church i.e. very high Anglican.To everyone who is talking about the Anglican Mass.
BrushedByAngels did not mean a liturgical service said by an Anglican.
BrushedByAngels meant a Mass said by a Catholic priest in the Anglican Use of the Roman Rite. This is perfectly legitimate and has the permission of the Pope. There are 14 Catholic churches that I am aware of in the USA that are allowed to have the Anglican-Use Mass.
You can google “Anglican Use” if you would like more information.
The OP’s posts have been a little ambiguous. I also took it that he/she was planning to go to Anglican services.No, I think you are mistaken. The OP actually says that she knows ‘it isn’t allowed to go to an Anglican Catholic service and receive. but there are no Anglican Use churches near’ her. The clear implication is that she is talking about an Anglo-Catholic church i.e. very high Anglican.
See message 5.
I stand corrected. I apparently didn’t read very thoroughly. I’m going to blame it on my head cold.No, I think you are mistaken. The OP actually says that she knows ‘it isn’t allowed to go to an Anglican Catholic service and receive. but there are no Anglican Use churches near’ her. The clear implication is that she is talking about an Anglo-Catholic church i.e. very high Anglican.
See message 5.
It is of course your choice how to receive. Personally, I think there is more of a chance to have the host fall out of your mouth than to have it drop out of your hand, even though both chances are very small. If you want to go to CITH you can cut up some pieces of white bread and practice the transfer at home until you are comfortable. I would not let this worry though stop you from worthily receiving.I am considering switching from COTT to in the hand instead… but I have received on the tongue forever. I am worried that I will be so nervous I may accidentally drop the host from my hands (like when I move my hand from underneath to pick up the host from my other hand) The whole reason I want to switch is since most churches do not use patens anymore I am worried the host will drop as it did a few weeks ago when an elderly EMHC gave me COTT. Its getting to the point I don’t even want to go up for communion anymore.
Ambiguous? What part of Anglican Catholic Church don’t you get? I did not say Anglican Use. There is a difference. Both mass services are beautiful and elaborate with incense and such… As soon as there is an Anglican Use parish near my home, I can assure you that I will be visiting it quite often.The OP’s posts have been a little ambiguous. I also took it that he/she was planning to go to Anglican services.
I will only get in the priests line since they all know I receive on the tongue. Its the EMHC that look confused when they see me open my mouth, granted there most all recieve in the hand. As for me, I’ve always received on the tongue and I always will. I guess I am the only one that would love to have communion rails reinstalled and put to use. Oh well I’ve always had a thing for traditionIt is of course your choice how to receive. Personally, I think there is more of a chance to have the host fall out of your mouth than to have it drop out of your hand, even though both chances are very small. If you want to go to CITH you can cut up some pieces of white bread and practice the transfer at home until you are comfortable. I would not let this worry though stop you from worthily receiving.
Thanks, I never planned on leaving the church. I love my faith, but I would prefer they bring back some parts of the liturgy that are very traditional. By going to an Anglican Catholic Church I saw just how much has changed in the RCC. It was an eye opener.Also, I forgot to mention in my PP that I’m very glad you decided not to leave the Catholic Church.
Do you think Jesus, God the Son, is so weak and fragile that he’s offended when some one accidentally drops the host every once in a while?After having the EMHC drop the precious host, makes me nervous now. I was so distracted in thought that he left our Lord on the floor where he could be trampled on, I could not think of anything else… so maybe the effect it had on me was more negative than usual
I prefer the ACC mass anyway. In comparison, I do not care for the modern mass. Too many people chatting before mass you can no longer pray, etc… I could go on and on…
Sadly it seems alot of the NO mass parishes don’t use the patens. From what I’m gathering… if Jesus falls on the floor – no biggie just pick him up and pop him in your mouth. I’m sorry but this just seems like carelessness to me. Jesus deserves more respect and reverence. Apparently, the patens were important many years ago. Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate itDear Brushed: Look: if you leave what are the rest of us who feel exactly as you to do? In the immortal words of an unknown (but scrupulously honest) Rastaman from the 1980’s “Ja no be God. God be God.”
Just so with the Church. “Anglican no be Catholic. Catholic be Catholic!”
There is no law preventing us from asking the priest for an altar rail. Or for the altar boy to polish his paten. Or for a service where these things are used, at least sometimes. Or for complaining to the bishop.
Silence is not a good choice here. If you don’t feel that the Blessed Sacrament is being distributed with adequate care, which reflects reverence, speak up. What can they do? When they get enough complaints, they will replace the rails, the patens, and the rest.
If you go to the Anglican service long enough, you are going to feel pressure to join. Which is why you should not go, at least regularly. Drive to a TLM instead, even if you only go once every couple of months. I used to have to do that, and called it “going back to the well.”
Hang tough!!
Jesus doesn’t expect us to be anything other than human.Sadly it seems alot of the NO mass parishes don’t use the patens. From what I’m gathering… if Jesus falls on the floor – no biggie just pick him up and pop him in your mouth. I’m sorry but this just seems like carelessness to me. Jesus deserves more respect and reverence. Apparently, the patens were important many years ago. Thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate itI doubt if anyone else will be complaining about it. Unfortunately things have become so relaxed and liberal these days (hate to use the word liberal.) Oh well what can you do… society changes… progressively as they say
![]()
You have gone back and forth in this thread and made it confusing. I’ve been trying to help, but I’m done. Do whatever you want, but don’t post it on a public forum if you don’t want opinions. I even specifically posted as to why I thought it was confusing and you chose not to respond. There’s no need to be nasty. I wasn’t. What part of this don’t YOU understand?!?!Ambiguous? What part of Anglican Catholic Church don’t you get? I did not say Anglican Use. There is a difference. Both mass services are beautiful and elaborate with incense and such… As soon as there is an Anglican Use parish near my home, I can assure you that I will be visiting it quite often.
As for now I have decided to stay with the NO mass… after my commute home yesterday I thought about all of the comments everyone posted, and it made more sense to me. I was never going to leave the Roman Catholic Church anyway.
Sorry you feel that way. I didnt mean to confuse you. I looked at my post and I don’t see where this was possible. I hope you don’t leave on my account.You have gone back and forth in this thread and made it confusing. I’ve been trying to help, but I’m done. Do whatever you want, but don’t post it on a public forum if you don’t want opinions. I even specifically posted as to why I thought it was confusing and you chose not to respond. There’s no need to be nasty. I wasn’t. What part of this don’t YOU understand?!?!
Thank you for reminding me why I stopped coming to these boards for almost two years. People…
Thank you for explaining.Sorry you feel that way. I didnt mean to confuse you. I looked at my post and I don’t see where this was possible. I hope you don’t leave on my account.
I like the forums because even though I may not agree with something, I like the feedback and sometimes after open my mind to them, I can see their points of view more clearly.
You must have missed my post where I said after my ride home yesterday… I thought about everything you all were telling me and I felt if I did receive communion at the ACC then I will not be a faithful Catholic.Thank you for explaining.
I didn’t mean confusing specially about the Anglican services versus Anglican Use. I’m not the one that said that in the first place.
I meant confusing becaue you start out talking about changing from receiving on the tongue to the hand. Then you’re actually considering receiving only in an Anglican Service. Then, no, you’re not going to do that afterall. It has been hard to follow.