Taking a Crucifix

  • Thread starter Thread starter mymamamary
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mymamamary

Guest
Dear Forum!!

Lets just say that whilst we were vacationing at a Friends house in Florida, someone took a crucifix. This isnt a huge crucifix, its more of a old fashioned wood and brass medium/bigish sized crucifix. The crucifix was probably going to go to waste anyway, although I cannto be certain. Now, what i wanted to know, could I in good concsience ask to have this crucifix? or would this be accepting stolen goods??
 
Accepting stolen goods is just as bad as stealing the good itself.

Tell the person who stole it to return it…
Just because something is going to waste, doesn’t mean it’s your right to take it.
 
Accepting stolen goods is just as bad as stealing the good itself.

Tell the person who stole it to return it…
Just because something is going to waste, doesn’t mean it’s your right to take it.
That’s assuming it was ‘stolen’. If it was taken off the wall then yeah I’d agree, but if it was in the bin, or in a box for dumping with a bunch of other stuff, then why not?
If you have a use for it, and it is definitely going to be dumped then I would say go ahead, make a good home for it.🤷
 
Now I’m confused. I certianly dont want to take something stolen, thus becoming guilty of theft myself, but I like the crucifix, I think it wasnt taken out of the dump, but somewhere in the house??🤷🤷
 
Normally, you should tell the person who took it (assuming you know they took it) to return it. However, I think it would be fine to tell them it was wrong to take it, and that you’re going to return it. Then you can call your friend and apologize, and ask if he would like it mailed overnight or if the standard 10-14 business days wait was okay.

If it was really “going to waste” your friend will likely laugh it off and tell you to keep it rather than spend the money on postage, then you could keep it in good conscience.

And if he wants it back, you know, and you can return it. Either way, your conscience is clean.
 
So last week you took a rosary, now you want to take a crucifix.🤷
 
whilst we were vacationing at a Friends house in Florida, someone took a crucifix…

… I certianly dont want to take something stolen, thus becoming guilty of theft myself, but I like the crucifix, I think it wasnt taken out of the dump, but somewhere in the house??🤷🤷
Sure sounds stolen to me. Obviously so, imo.
 
Dear Forum!!

Lets just say that whilst we were vacationing at a Friends house in Florida, someone took a crucifix. This isnt a huge crucifix, its more of a old fashioned wood and brass medium/bigish sized crucifix. The crucifix was probably going to go to waste anyway, although I cannto be certain. Now, what i wanted to know, could I in good concsience ask to have this crucifix? or would this be accepting stolen goods??
Whoever this “someone” was, he or she needs to return the item to its rightful owner, and make amends for removing it from the home.
 
Now I’m confused. I certianly dont want to take something stolen, thus becoming guilty of theft myself, but I like the crucifix, I think it wasnt taken out of the dump, but somewhere in the house??🤷🤷
If it was taken out of the private residence of a person without their permission, IT IS STEALING. As others have said, the “someone” who stole the crucifix needs to return it to the rightful owners, apologize to the owners, and if Catholic go to confession.
 
I will tell them… Just wondering

and It wasnt me, Also, I didnt take the Altar candles. I did take the Rosary though, but at the Priests permission.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top