C
cmac2
Guest
I was reading Genesis the other and had gotten to the part where Jacob tricks his brother Esau into selling his birth right and then Rebecca steps in and gets Isaac to bless only Jacob, though he wasn’t the firstborn. My first thought was, Jesus Christ, and then are these really Your relatives? I was very frightened by the tone I used and I’ve worried that I took Jesus’ name in vain. I know in my heart that profaning His name wasn’t my intention.
To clarify, I already know the difference is between venial and mortal sin. What I’m asking is if when I used Jesus’ name I had used it without reverence. I’m still very new to reading scripture, so when I read the chapter in Genesis where Jacob tricked his father and brother, my first thought was “Jesus Christ!” followed by “How you related to these people?” That’s the part I’m focused on
To clarify, I already know the difference is between venial and mortal sin. What I’m asking is if when I used Jesus’ name I had used it without reverence. I’m still very new to reading scripture, so when I read the chapter in Genesis where Jacob tricked his father and brother, my first thought was “Jesus Christ!” followed by “How you related to these people?” That’s the part I’m focused on
Last edited: