Taking leftover Pepsi

  • Thread starter Thread starter John121
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John121

Guest
Hi would taking a Pepsi that you thought was leftover from a previous roommate but was actually a current roommate be stealing?

The Pepsi was replaced ?

Would it still be considered stealing ?
 
I did not good into detail I just said I took Pepsi and replaced it !
 
I’m just wondering because I thought the roommate who left the house left the Pepsi !

But I found out it was a roommates and replaced it !
 
The real sin is drinking Pepsi over Coke.

Just kidding. Now, I would say that if you sincerely thought it was a left behind can that’d be tossed otherwise, you didn’t steal on purpose. If you gave current roommate an honest “oops my bad” and replaced his Pepsi, then you’re good.
 
Last edited:
When you initially took the Pepsi, did you have a little voice inside of you telling you that you shouldn’t be taking it and it was wrong to take it? If not, then you didn’t sin at all.

I think you should ask your priest when you have this sort of confusion. He can help you learn how to listen to your little voice. Either that, or maybe some counseling.
 
I asked one of the roommates and he said he didn’t no who owned it I think so I just had some thinking it was the roommate who left!

It turned out to be the landlord which I suppose my mistake is that I did not ask her and presumed it was left overs.
 
I suppose my mistake was that after leaving my last apartment people would leave stuff behind like food and drinks and I thought it was the same thing happening again !
 
So maybe you were in the wrong in that you were too presumptuous and didn’t ask they right questions. Were you that way because you didn’t really want to know? Or was it just an oversight?

Again, you really need to ask your priest about this. I think most people have a good sense of when they sin and when they don’t. They have that little voice inside of them and they listen to it and it guides them appropriately. For others, that isn’t a natural thing and you may need some outside guidance to help you get to that point.
 
Sounds like an innocent mistake, so not stealing, and since you replaced it, not any kind of problem at all.
 
The truth is I did not think it was a sin at the time because I was going to replace them !

But thinking back now I just realize you must be vigilant with things like that I was prone to petty theft as a teenager because I did not read the Bible did not know the 10 commandments and a lot of people around my age were stealing stuff in the shops so most of my friends started doing it so I have to be careful !
 
The scary thing is I went to a catholic school and we were not thought the Bible !

The same school is flying a LGBT flag outside now !
 
Every day in class we were shown a video of how the world was created by stars not by God it was a catholic school that flys the LGBT FLAG TODAY.

We never got bibles or studied the Bible’s even do it’s called a catholic school.

Just some info when the church separated from state in Ireland they took over catholic schools and from talking to a priest and a teacher they stopped teaching the catechism in the schools and the teacher said they don’t teach the Bible because they view it unfair on other religions.
 
Ok so no need to ask random strangers in the internet. Listen to your priest
 
Every day in class we were shown a video of how the world was created by stars not by God it was a catholic school that flys the LGBT FLAG TODAY.

We never got bibles or studied the Bible’s even do it’s called a catholic school.

Just some info when the church separated from state in Ireland they took over catholic schools and from talking to a priest and a teacher they stopped teaching the catechism in the schools and the teacher said they don’t teach the Bible because they view it unfair on other religions.
So you didn’t in fact go to a Catholic school.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top