H
humilis_viator
Guest
Just to give a bit of background, I’m currently going through RCIA and will be accepted into full communion with the Church this Easter. As I am going through RCIA 1,000 miles away from my parents at College, most of the changes that I have gone through as a result of this journey have taken place where my parents were unable to notice when they happened.
I guess that I have the dream of any convert with parents in another denomination to share my newfound faith with them, but I am not certain as to the best way to do this.
If I had to chose between telling them about my new faith and showing them, I’d have to chose the latter of the two choices, and I can think of no better way to show them than by taking them to celebrate mass.
Obviously if I do this, however, there are probably some things that I need to explain before taking them there.
So my questions then :
God Bless,
Humilis Viator
I guess that I have the dream of any convert with parents in another denomination to share my newfound faith with them, but I am not certain as to the best way to do this.
If I had to chose between telling them about my new faith and showing them, I’d have to chose the latter of the two choices, and I can think of no better way to show them than by taking them to celebrate mass.
Obviously if I do this, however, there are probably some things that I need to explain before taking them there.
So my questions then :
- Taking my protestant parents to mass : good idea or not?
- What should I do to let them get the most out of the mass?
- What should I say to let them get the most out of the mass?
- What would be the best way to convince them to go to mass with me? Should I convince them for example to go to a Saturday night mass so that they/we can go to church on Sunday or some arrangement like that?
God Bless,
Humilis Viator