A
AndrewA
Guest
I made my confirmation on the Arch Angel’s feast day… and I was confirmed under the name of Gabriel. When I went up to the bishop to be confirmed and he heard my confirmation name would be Gabriel he said “Gabriel? Did you know it is his feast day today, Gabriel?” And afterwards when I was leaving the church I shook the Bishops hand and he said “You should go by the name of Gabriel now, and I really think you should.”
I was very intrigued by that… and I was wondering if it would be a good idea if I did? My parents have no problem with it, and since that my faith has cause a recent… well loss of close friends, when I make some new I can simply introduce myself as that without having to get them to get used to it.
When I was born my mother named me Mary even though I am a boy and everyone calls me Andrew. It says on my birth certificate Mary and not Andrew. So my full would be Mary Andrew Michael Gabriel A.
… Should I take my Bishop advice and start going by this name? I like it a lot more than I do the name Andrew.
I was very intrigued by that… and I was wondering if it would be a good idea if I did? My parents have no problem with it, and since that my faith has cause a recent… well loss of close friends, when I make some new I can simply introduce myself as that without having to get them to get used to it.
When I was born my mother named me Mary even though I am a boy and everyone calls me Andrew. It says on my birth certificate Mary and not Andrew. So my full would be Mary Andrew Michael Gabriel A.
… Should I take my Bishop advice and start going by this name? I like it a lot more than I do the name Andrew.