N
nsm
Guest
After going to confession this past Friday I took a long road trip with my husband. We were riding in some pretty narrow country roads at night, and he accelerated to pass a series of slow moving vehicles. I got nervous that another car might crest over the hill and hit us head on. Half laughing, I exclaimed “Jesus save us.” I caught myself invoking the Holy name of Jesus in a light manner and I quickly became serious and in my heart asked that Jesus would protect us.
Did I commit the sin of blasphemy? I understand (and quickly understood) the seriousness of calling on the Lord, and I abhor the use of Jesus’ name lightly. I am a new Catholic and I do not want to take the Eucharist unworthily, but I am hesitant to go to confession about this just a day after I went to confession because it seems like it could be scrupulosity.
Any help would be very much appreciated!!!
Did I commit the sin of blasphemy? I understand (and quickly understood) the seriousness of calling on the Lord, and I abhor the use of Jesus’ name lightly. I am a new Catholic and I do not want to take the Eucharist unworthily, but I am hesitant to go to confession about this just a day after I went to confession because it seems like it could be scrupulosity.
Any help would be very much appreciated!!!