Talk about vocations for priesthood!

• Thread starter Thread starter rfk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rfk

The Syro-Malabar Church is a Catholic Church, in communion with the Holy See, that dates back to St. Thomas the Apostle.

It is believed that he came to India in 52 A.D. and landed at Kodungallur on the Kerala coast. There are currently about 3.6 million Catholics in this Church.

What struck my eye is their vocations. They have 6653 priests, and they have 2368 seminarians. Wow!

We have about 40,000 priests. Can you imagine if we had 1 seminarian for every 3 priests?

Now, this one will really knock you out. They have almost 31,000 nuns.

Here is their website: thesyromalabarchurch.org/

Here are the statistics: thesyromalabarchurch.org/statistics.htm

peace be with you! that is awesome about their vocations! thanks for sharing! i just wanted to share with you though, that the Catholic Church (Latin Rite) is also receiving many vocations. take for instance, the Legionaries of Christ…the Legion was started in 1941 and has over 500 priests and over 2,500 seminarians! that is truly amazing! the Missionaries of Charity founded by Mother Teresa have over 4,500 nuns. but this is just two examples…there are many more religious orders (Community of St. John, Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, Community of the Beatitudes, etc.)and diocesan seminaries that receive vocations every year (like Denver, St. Louis, Lincoln, Philadelphia, etc). although i do admit, that the Latin rite of the Church certainly has more souls to serve than the Church in India!!! let’s pray for many, many more holy vocations!!!

peace be with you! in case you were wondering, i didn’t write that last e-mail as a way to correct anything or as an argument…but I have discovered that many people do not know about the many vocations that God is giving to the Church…so i wanted to share my excitement about those congregations!

One of the priests at my seminary is from India, a Syro-Malabar rite priest. It is amazing how many priests they are exporting to the U.S. and the world. I have a dream of many many more vocations to the priesthood coming very soon like trends are starting to show. Pray for us seminarians and for everyone considering the priesthood or religous life!

Dan

40.png
SeminarianDan:
Pray for us seminarians and for everyone considering the priesthood or religous life!
I do, and I try to do so every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back