Targeted for Euthanasia?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fr_Ambrose
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an inflammatory and unbalanced article, based on my personal experience as an RN. I’ve worked in a medium sized hospital and a small rural one.I’ve never witnessed anything such as this.

Unfortunately White Dove, I have. I’ve heard doctors literally brag about the way they were able to sneakily euthanize patients. In all fairness these were patients who were dying, organs shutting down etc. OTOH I think it’s absolutely ghoulish. One of the worst experiences about the Terri S controversy was waiting to for confession and getting into a conversation with a nurse who said “People are supposed to die dehydrated…” Now I suppose this is a circumstance with some deaths but I can’t see a nurse justifying DELIBERATELY dehydrating someone but that was exactly her point, which she repeated to yet another member of our parish who agreed wholeheartedly that “Terri died fifteen years ago” Scary!
Lisa N

Nurses don’t make these decisions. You guys are really overreacting. Nurses are only responsible to carry out Dr’s orders. All of the doctors whom I work with are doing their best to help their patients back to health.

White Dove, I have encountered a few doctors who don’t share their high morals, and the danger that they present is very real. The nurses that remain working in such practices are as much a threat as the doctors they work for. While doctors and nurses such as these are a minority right now, they are still a very real and and dangerous group of “healthcare practitioners”, who we have got to be alert for in this day and age.

Linda H.

40.png
WhiteDove:
Nurses don’t make these decisions. You guys are really overreacting. Nurses are only responsible to carry out Dr’s orders. All of the doctors whom I work with are doing their best to help their patients back to health.
So, IOW, the doctors and nurses who participated in the killing of Ms. Schiavo were just following orders.

Seems like I’ve heard that somewhere before…

– Mark L. Chance.

40.png
WhiteDove:
With few exceptions, such as those nurses accused and convicted of ‘mercy killings’ I see this as more likely being something done by a doctor who not only has power to give orders but powers to prescribe. A doctor who wants to speed up ‘the death process’ as our friend Felos calls it, has both opportunity and means to do so. Again, we are talking a tiny minority but please do not think these people don’t exist. My fear is that now dehydrating and starving otherwise healthy people has passed muster in our court system, doctors who are inclined to withhold treatment or give a little push, will have both legal protection and justification to do so.

I personally find this quite frightening.

Lisa N

Lisa N:
I personally find this quite frightening.
Agreed and after reading the one or two reports in Terri’s forum on where the bioethicists are heading and what they are saying…it’s more than terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back