Tarot cards

  • Thread starter Thread starter LiturgyGuy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LiturgyGuy

Guest
Sorry if this is in the wrong category.

I am literally in my college classroom right now, and waiting for class to start, a few minutes ago, a student asked a fellow student what they have on their desk, and they said tarot cards. Is there a serious problem I should bring up to them? Have there been any real demon stories involved with these? And how do I explain to someone who is likely unaffiliated with their religion or atheist? Don’t worry about responding immediately, even though I’m in class, it’s not a problem.
 
First off, you’re going to have to ask the person why they are carrying around Tarot cards, and what they think they’re doing. Apologetics doesn’t work unless you know what people are thinking and feeling.

Divination is the problem with tarot cards. It’s trying to get an unfair advantage over other people, to find a way to control the future, instead of just making a good educated guess and acting on it. Sometimes it’s also used to try to get information about the past and present in an unnatural way - again, to get an unfair advantage.

So either they don’t work, and you are wasting your time and fooling yourself; or they do seem to work, but only because demonic powers are “helping.” Not a good thing, either way.

That said, Tarot cards are an occult form of normal Tarocci playing cards, which are the older form of the playing cards we use in the US. Many people in European countries (mostly parts of Italy, Spain, and France) play normal card games with them. You can probably find apps for games like Brisca and Scopa. Most of the picture cards (trumps) on real Tarocci cards are actually inspired by an older game of Catholic virtues called something like Going to Paradise. It’s a real shame that the occult version has so much traction.

I hope this helped a little.
 
" Is there a serious problem I should bring up to them? Have there been any real demon stories involved with these? And how do I explain to someone who is likely unaffiliated with their religion or atheist? "

I haven’t heard any “demon” stories involving these, but I also know my limits in terms of dealing with the spirit world. (i.e. if something extremely bad could happen, it isn’t a good thing to get involved with). I’ve heard way too many stories about Ouija Boards - and honestly, I’m just a sensitive soul.

A lot of people look at Tarot cards as “fun” - as if they have nothing to do with spirituality.
You’ll probably get the “oh, come on, it’s just a deck of tarot cards”, but what seems harmless can be extremely dangerous.

Back in the day, I had a pack of tarot cards - I thought about learning how to use them. The thing is that I never really did and I ended up just throwing them away. So, just because a person has them on their desk, it might be because they were a gift, not something they use all the time.

However, if you are close to this person, then you should warn them about playing with spirits, especially when using aids like tarot, astrology, etc.

There’s a fine line between being curious and offering to read people’s fortunes - even your own.
 
If you have time, get to know this fellow. Find out what the cards mean to him.

There is a lot of “pop spirituality” in universities, and that includes things we would consider “occult” rather than spiritual.

But unless you know where he is coming from, saying “this is satanic; throw it away” is not likely to be convincing. IMNAAHO.

ICXC NIKA
 
If you don’t know the student with the tarot cards at all, I wouldn’t say anything. If the person wasn’t using the cards in class and not involving you, I would say it’s not your business.
 
If you don’t know the student with the tarot cards at all, I wouldn’t say anything. If the person wasn’t using the cards in class and not involving you, I would say it’s not your business.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That said, just for educational purposes there are 4 types of spirits mentioned in Scripture.
  1. God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
  2. Angels (those who remained faithful to God after Lucifer was thrown down.)
  3. Human souls (Jesus telling the story of Lazarus and the rich man in “Abraham’s bosom”)
  4. Demons (those fallen angels kicked out of heaven including Lucifer)
tarot cards are not guided by #'s 1, 2 or 3. We are told not to mess with #4.

Good luck on your journey and good job being aware of these types of spiritual activities around you.
 
If you don’t know the student with the tarot cards at all, I wouldn’t say anything. If the person wasn’t using the cards in class and not involving you, I would say it’s not your business.
If someone has tarot cards out on the desk in open view, he or she should expect interest and questions since that is not a common item. They are the ones making it other peoples’ “business”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top