Tattoo question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wonderingCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wonderingCatholic

Guest
Hello I have tattoos from before, and I was adding some catholic things to them. I wanted to put a rosary through one of them. However I already have crosses and would like to put a miraculous medal instead of a crucifix at the end, and I just wondered if that would be ok?
 
I don’t see why it wouldn’t be okay. Whether it would look good/be in good taste in another question, but there’s no particular reason you can’t if you want to.
 
I have a string of 5 tigers up my leg, and wanted a rosary intertwined between them. So I wanted a miraculous medal at the end.
 
Yeah, I mean I personally think that a tiger/rosary themed tattoo would look pretty weird, but that’s just my personal taste. It’s not like sinful or anything, it just might look a little goofy.
 
I’m with LGM here.
Morally, I don’t think there is a problem and know that if I saw you in real life the look on my face is not one of moral judgement but rather one of personal taste judgement.😁
 
Last edited:
Thank you for saying that, it’s what I was thinking. I found a miraculous medal tattoo that looks like a cartoon but is done really tasteful and looks really good.
 
My advice is skip the tatoo, and get a Miraculous Medal, have it blessed properly and wear it around your neck.
 
I like this tattoo idea. I guarantee I would lose an actual medal.
 
Thank you! I will see how it looks when he sketches it.
 
Search result link there - didn’t really work.

Ok that works - it’s a bit bolder than my personal style, I admit. I’m the type that would probably go for a small black and white piece. But I don’t see anything wrong with it!
 
Last edited:
I think I changed my mind again. This is a new one I’ve found. I’m putting the miraculous medal at the bottom. With Lillie’s on either side.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
 
Is that bruising or part of the design? Genuine question as I don’t know much about the method for tattooing and how long it takes for the skin to look normal again.
 
Sorry but I’m not sure what bruising your talking about?
 
I think Londoner means the discoloration behind the tattoo in post 10? The first tattoo photo you posted. I was wondering the same thing. Couldn’t tell what was bruising, smudged-out old tattoo, or part of new tattoo design? Purply-red smudges / fingerprint-looking things?
 
Last edited:
I think that’s part of the design. Although fresh tattoos do look pretty bruised up.

@wonderingcatholic I like the lilies idea!
 
Me too! It will be on the inside of my left leg. I already have a lot of crosses on me. This would honor the blessed mother too!
 
The Miraculous Medal tattoo. It’s surrounded by a medal-shaped area that is sort of blotches of purplish blue with dark red edges. I wasn’t sure whether that is actually the tattoo or whether it’s bruising caused by the tattooing process.
 
I believe that’s part of the tattoo. I’ve never seen a tattoo bruise to the point that you can see it when it’s finished.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top