J
janet1025
Guest
Hi
My children are at an age where they are more involved in church activities and on the cusp of spending time in the church without me. I’ve tried to explain to them that there may be bad people in the church just as there are in any other organization such as camp and scouts. My concern is that they don’t seem to get it when it comes to priest. In fairness I have never told my children a priest could be a “bad person” but I have told them everyone, including priest, sin. I know my children look up to our parish priest and I love that they do. He seems to be a great person who has committed his life to helping us find Jesus. But as a parent I always worry. What if I am wrong and he isn’t the wonderful priest I think he is. I don’t want my children to go running from a room when the priest enters but I want them to understand the potential danger. At the same time I want them to be comfortable reaching out to our priest of they ever need someone to guide them.
Anyone have any reference guide on how I can broach the topic with them? They range in age from 7 to 12
Thank you
My children are at an age where they are more involved in church activities and on the cusp of spending time in the church without me. I’ve tried to explain to them that there may be bad people in the church just as there are in any other organization such as camp and scouts. My concern is that they don’t seem to get it when it comes to priest. In fairness I have never told my children a priest could be a “bad person” but I have told them everyone, including priest, sin. I know my children look up to our parish priest and I love that they do. He seems to be a great person who has committed his life to helping us find Jesus. But as a parent I always worry. What if I am wrong and he isn’t the wonderful priest I think he is. I don’t want my children to go running from a room when the priest enters but I want them to understand the potential danger. At the same time I want them to be comfortable reaching out to our priest of they ever need someone to guide them.
Anyone have any reference guide on how I can broach the topic with them? They range in age from 7 to 12
Thank you