4
4Families
Guest
Hi,
I posted a while ago asking if anyone knew of a Catholic therapy program, a wilderness training type of program, for a teen who needs such a thing. Someone suggested looking into Boys Town which I did but it does not seem to be what we need. We looked into a program in our state and were about to use it when we learned some things that definitely changed our mind. We have looked into many other things and it is very difficult to evaluate these programs. They are expensive and fairly unregulated and it is so hard to tell if they work or are worth the time and money.
There must be parents on this forum who have dealt with the issues we have with our son - drinking, drugs, sex, seriously defiant behavior - all from a 15 year old. He needs to get out of this town, to get away from the awful “friends” that he has. If I could keep him home and keep him away from them, I definitely would prefer that, but if I have to send him away to a GOOD program, for his sake I certainly would do that. His father and I are divorced but his father is willing to go into debt if a program would work for our son.
If anyone has successfully dealt with this behavior in their child, I would appreciate knowing what worked for you.
I posted a while ago asking if anyone knew of a Catholic therapy program, a wilderness training type of program, for a teen who needs such a thing. Someone suggested looking into Boys Town which I did but it does not seem to be what we need. We looked into a program in our state and were about to use it when we learned some things that definitely changed our mind. We have looked into many other things and it is very difficult to evaluate these programs. They are expensive and fairly unregulated and it is so hard to tell if they work or are worth the time and money.
There must be parents on this forum who have dealt with the issues we have with our son - drinking, drugs, sex, seriously defiant behavior - all from a 15 year old. He needs to get out of this town, to get away from the awful “friends” that he has. If I could keep him home and keep him away from them, I definitely would prefer that, but if I have to send him away to a GOOD program, for his sake I certainly would do that. His father and I are divorced but his father is willing to go into debt if a program would work for our son.
If anyone has successfully dealt with this behavior in their child, I would appreciate knowing what worked for you.