I am in the same boat with both my daughters. I have one who is now pregnant and lives with her fiance, and the other is moving to another state tomorrow with a boy she met on line. The second is using her sister’s situation as an excuse for her decision.
One of the things I haven’t read in this post yet is, as a parent, how much guilt is felt that they haven’t done enough to make sure their child does not make this devastating decision. I am trying so hard to come to terms with this and ask myself daily where I went wrong. My children were raised in the Catholic faith, and were awesome and respectful (to everyone around them AND themselves). It seems once they left the nest, they are straying into dangerous territory.
I empathize with those going through this trauma and will add my own prayers to yours that the final outcome is a good one, and that we continue to have the strength to do what is right.
No one said parenting was easy, but I don’t recall being told how much pain there can be.