Tell me how great your spouse is!

  • Thread starter Thread starter SpeSalvi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SpeSalvi

Guest
There are always negative threads on the board about one spouse being hurt or betrayed by the other. While I’m not trying to discount the feelings and pain our brothers and sisters in Christ are suffering, I think we’re long overdue on some positivity around here.

So it’s time to brag! Why is your husband or wife amazing? Is there something especially thoughtful or romantic they did today? Why do you thank God for your spouse?

Let’s hear about it! Tell me about how fantastic your spouse is!

I’ll kick off the festivities…

Our 4-month old is teething right now, and I was up with her a lot during the night. When she woke up only 20 minutes after I had gotten her back to sleep for the trillionth time, hubby forfeited sleeping in (on then only day of the week that he’s able to sleep in) to take care of her, as well as the other kids when they woke up. It was a special, and a totally chivalrous gesture. I am so thankful for those extra hours of sleep, and especially thankful for my selfless hubby!
 
Well for one she’s put up with me all these years instead of just shooting me. 😃

Feeds me healthy food so I don’t live on cheeze crackers and m+m’s, has taught me how to be a halfway decent dad, creates the beauty in our home etc.
 
Back when my husband and I were dating I told him that my Confirmation saint is St. Synnove and I have never found a medal with her on it. He set out searching for one and couldn’t find one either so he made a mold from another medal and cast one for me out of silver. He then found the one person in the entire area that still hand engraves and he drove about a hour to get to him so that he could hand engrave. “St. Synnove” on the medal. Then he surprised me with it as a gift! It was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me.
 
My darling is the best husband in the world. I cannot describe how wonderful he is, so I will just quote Jane Eyre here. This is what my marriage is like.

“I know what it is to live entirely for and with what I love best on earth. I hold myself supremely blest - blest beyond what language can express; because I am my husband’s life as fully as he is mine. No woman was ever nearer to her mate than I am: ever more absolutely bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh. I know no weariness of my Edward’s society: he knows none of mine, any more than we each do the pulsation of the heart that beats in our separate bosoms; consequently, we are ever together. To be together is for us to be at once free as in solitude, as gay as in company. We talk, I believe, all day long: to talk to each other is but more animated and an audible thinking. All my confidence is bestowed on him, all his confidence is devoted to me; we are precisely suited in character - perfect concord is the result.”

We have been married 15 years and have 6 children, so it’s not just a honeymoon glow that will fade.
 
Mine is terrific!

One thing is that he watches the kids while I make dinner/have some down time for an hour and a half once he comes home each day! He’s very involved in the kids, and is always with us- he doesn’t nap or use the computer while they are awake.
 
Just now, I wish I were a woman and I wish I were a nun, so that I could say “Oh! He’s just DIVINE!”

But I’m a man, and I am not married. 😛
 
My Husband is my safe harbor. The place i can go to recover from the world. We have shared the Catholic faith for 29 years! I Feel blessed! 🙂
 
My Lady is the love of my life.

Now that she is in late stage Alzheimer’s the best thing she does for me is smile, and just be so easy to take care of.

But from the time we were married - and before - she has been the most giving person. Raised 5 kids on her own, put herself through nursing school, then later got a bachelors degree and a MBA - what she saw in me - - - 🤷 - - - but I’m grateful.

My lady would never “fight” so we had no real “disagreements” just conversations that led to solutions.
She was a great cook and talented at sewing and painting.
A people person.
Her quirks were just as endearing…as her talents…

There is undoubtedly more…but that’s all for now…

Oh yea - someone mentioned healthy eating…My lady was good for that too.

Peace
James
 
Thanks for this thread! As a young man in a relationship who hopes for marriage someday, this is a welcome break from all the threads stressing out about NFP.

Keep it up! 👍
 
I have issues with anxiety and his patience with me is astounding. He’s also the most forgiving person I know, to the extent that it humbles me. He plays with our girls, and doesn’t lose his patience with them. When he knows I’ve had an extremely rough day, he will unload the dishwasher or help clean up. He also works two jobs (one ft and one pt) so I can be a stay-at-home-mom and we can send our daughter to Catholic school. He’s ambitious and good at what he does, and a natural leader. He doesn’t say things to intentionally hurt my feelings, and he’s able to reasonably talk out an argument. I feel really blessed because he makes me a better person. 🙂 Great thread!
 
She loves me and, when a woman offers you her heart, it is the greatest gift there is…
 
My wife lost a leg to cancer when she was 11. She still manages to work as a teachers aide with troubled children, take care of our daughter who has Spina Bifida, and put up with me for 25 years. This woman is a saint!
 
My husband has adopted my autistic son from a previous relationship and is a wonderful father to him, as well as the three children we have together. He has helped me go back to school, and takes care of the kids when I need time to study. He is supportive of my religious beliefs and how we raise the kids, even though he isn’t religious. We had our marriage con-validated last year. He has helped me through my grief over my grandmother when she passed. He treats my mother like his own mom, and is even willing to let her move in with us. He is puts up with my craziness, and is always calm when I get overwhelmed with life. I am very blessed to have him.
 
My husband is amazing. He converted to Catholicism after knowing me and appreciating my faith (even though he was raised in a very anti-Catholic home). He’s become such a great spiritual leader for our family. He cooks, he cleans, he’s very hands on and involved with our kids. Always asking what he can do for me and if I need a break, offering to take the kids out so I can relax, nap or go for a run. He’s definitely not perfect but he’s always been open to becoming better at any area of his life. I’m amazed by the changes he’s made for the better. He inspires me! I’m so thankful that God blessed me with him as a husband.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top