T
TheOne33
Guest
Just a few minutes ago I was tending to our family garden. Nothing big, just planting some vegetables. Is this a mortal sin? 
No. Sadly studying and paper writing isn’t a sin.Is doing any sort of work on Sunday sinful? I didn’t know that.
Was it a Mary Garden? If so, I would say any work performed in the creation or maintainence of such a garden would be considered a devotion acceptable for Sunday.Just a few minutes ago I was tending to our family garden. Nothing big, just planting some vegetables. Is this a mortal sin?![]()
This is generally what I believe.Tending to your garden on a Sunday, if it is your hobby and you find it recreational and restorative, is not necessarily sinful, providing you attended Mass and spent some time in prayer, spiritual reading, or in the company of family or friends. If however, you woke at the crack of dawn, put on your gardening clothes, and spent all day in the perennial battle against weeds and plant diseases, it would be sinful. Sunday is supposed to be a day where we honor the Lord, and concern ourselves with restoring our own souls.