Teresa Still Doesn't Get It

• Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: A practicing Catholic, as is her husband, Heinz Kerry remains outraged at attacks by bishops on her husband’s pro-choice views.

“You cannot have bishops in the pulpit – long before or the Sunday before the election – as they did in Catholic churches, saying it was a mortal sin to vote for John Kerry,” she said.

Heinz Kerry gave no examples. Last year, a few ultraconservative prelates said they would not allow the Democratic nominee to receive communion in their dioceses. The bishop of Colorado Springs declared that Catholics voting for pro-choice candidates were not welcome at the communion rail.

“The church has a right and obligation to teach values,” Heinz Kerry declared. “They don’t have a right to restrict freedom of expression, which they did.”
  • COUNTING THE VOTES: Heinz Kerry is openly skeptical about results from November’s election, particularly in sections of the country where optical scanners were used to record votes.
“Two brothers own 80 percent of the machines used in the United States,” Heinz Kerry said. She identified both as “hard-right” Republicans. She argued that it is “very easy to hack into the mother machines.”

“We in the United States are not a banana republic,” added Heinz Kerry. She argued that Democrats should insist on “accountability and transparency” in how votes are tabulated.

“I fear for '06,” she said. “I don’t trust it the way it is right now.”
  • A SECOND KERRY RUN: Heinz Kerry won’t stand in the way of a second presidential bid by her husband. She tersely summed up emotions at the end of November’s long election night: “No tears, some sadness.”
“I think we should focus on '06: If '06 doesn’t work out, '08 will be impossible,” she argued. “If it were right for John to do it – and he felt right – he would do it again (in 2008). If he didn’t feel it right, he wouldn’t.”

seattlepi.nwsource.com/connelly/214744_joel07.html

Let’s do our best to keep her in the news. Her and Dean. It can only be good for republicans if she keeps talking.

40.png
jlw:
Let’s do our best to keep her in the news. Her and Dean. It can only be good for republicans if she keeps talking.
Yes the gifts that keep on giving! Keep those two in the public eye and the Democrats will be spending so much time on damage control that they won’t have time to campaign. Gotta say I miss Teresa HK. She certainly made for some lively news stories

Lisa N

Can’t somoneone excoummunicate the Kerry’s?
They really are an embarassment of supposedly practicing catholics.

Lisa N:
Yes the gifts that keep on giving! Keep those two in the public eye and the Democrats will be spending so much time on damage control that they won’t have time to campaign. Gotta say I miss Teresa HK. She certainly made for some lively news stories

Lisa N
I always regretted not seeing more of Teresa in the campaign. She got more votes for George Bush every time she opened her mouth. Actually as I came to know Kerry better I thought they were rather well matched. As someone once said, it never pays to marry for money, borrowing is so much cheaper in the long run.

I also miss Bagdhad Bob and really think CBS ought to consider finding him and give him Rather’s job. He doesn’t lie anymore than Rather, he exaggerates just as well and he is so funny he at least adds humore to the news.

I wonder if the fact that John Kerrys name is absent from any talk about the run in 2008 has even dawned on Teresa?:bigyikes: I do believe she has lost touch with reality.

Linda H.

Linda H.:
I wonder if the fact that John Kerrys name is absent from any talk about the run in 2008 has even dawned on Teresa?:bigyikes: I do believe she has lost touch with reality.

Linda H.
She is working to launch a campaign for her son for a representative’s office -

HagiaSophia said:
“You cannot have bishops in the pulpit – long before or the Sunday before the election – as they did in Catholic churches, saying it was a mortal sin to vote for John Kerry,” she said.

She might be practicing, but she ain’t Catholic.

I wish bishops did say it was a mortal sin to vote for the guy, but they did not use his name as far as I am aware.

I thought I heard that she was dropping the ‘Kerry’ and going back to being a Heinz. That might make some sense if it were her maiden name but it is the name of her 1st husband. I think she should get a talk show and let the world know what the liberals really think. 😃

Heinz Kerry gave no examples. Last year, a few ultraconservative prelates said they would not allow the Democratic nominee to receive communion in their dioceses. The bishop of Colorado Springs declared that Catholics voting for pro-choice candidates were not welcome at the communion rail.
Ultraconservitave!!! :bigyikes:
any bishop who DOES NOT deny communion to manifest public sinners is lapsing on the job, IMHO. Too many times have bishops failed to be princes of the church and have been politicians with big hats. But of course i am not a bishop so what do i know.

This was the quote that screamed for my attention:
The church has a right and obligation to teach values," Heinz Kerry declared. “They don’t have a right to restrict freedom of expression, which they did.”
Teach VALUES? VALUES???

Arrrrghhhh.

The Church teaches TRUTH, not this post-modern, secular tripe of “values”, which are pitiful attempts to reduce everything to an opinion, to make nothing right or wrong and everything “tolerated”. . .read, “accepted”, especially things that have been taught for millennia as right, or wrong.

And “restrict freedom of expression”? No, teach truth. Those who choose to disobey truth were “free” to “express” themselves.

Still, it’s good to hear from Teresa, it reminds me to boycott Heinz.

:confused: Where is this lady living? Sometimes I think we’re in two different worlds. Apparently we’re in two different Churches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back