Thank God for the Anti-Catholics

  • Thread starter Thread starter love4mary
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

love4mary

Guest
Yep, thats what I said…I Thank God every day for all the Anti-Catholics and Non Catholics who post questions and comments in these and other forums.

You are helping me grow in my Catholic Faith:thumbsup: …How you might ask?,.well that is easy. You make a comment concerning the faith of what you “Think” we believe, that inturns prompts me to do research as to the TRUE teachings of MY Faith;) Again and again, I find that the Catholic Church has the Fullness of Faith. Thank God I am Home:thumbsup:

I also must Thank all the wonderful faithfilled people who post here. I have learned so much from your writtings and I have so many links bookmarked that I almost need a separate computer just to hold them:p God Bless You All:)

I am a 44 year old “1st grader” in my knowledge of the faith, but I am learning more and more everyday through study and prayer. I may never be able to articulate the faith as well as most here but that is ok with me, as long as I remain faithful and strive daily to live my Catholic Christian faith as best I can, and if I can show Jesus to others, I trust that the Holy Spirit will take care of the rest.

So again, I would like to thank all those who have taught and inspired me through your questions and answers.
 
Great post Love4Mary

I was thinking of posting along the same lines on a non-Catholic message board I belonged to.

The more threads they started sharing their perceived understanding of the Catholic Church’s teachings, the more firm my faith became by giving them the correct teachings. (Like they say Purgatory is a 2nd chance for salvation or that we Worship Mary and the Saints.)

Looking up the appropriate statements from the Catechism has strengthened my faith and resolve.

By the way, they asked me to leave for this very reason. I was refuting all their false claims and it must have been striking their hearts.

With love,
George
 
I totally agree.
My story is basically the same. I joined a Bible study group at work and thank God it was led by an anti Catholic. He started his anti Catholic interpretations and it prompted me to research and study. At first although I knew he was wrong I couldn’t say exactly why. Every issue I researched proved the Church correct. After straightening out several of his misconceptions about the Church teachings he was far less anti, he even found he agreed with the teachings. I gave him a copy of the Catechism.
 
You are right. I’m not a Catholic, however, Anti-Catholics have forced me in a sense to educate myself more on Catholicism. My first run in was at a Christian Homeschool Group that I was thinking about becoming a part of …:eek: you should have heard that anti stuff foaming from their mouths. I realized that some people are not content or do not feel safe in their beliefs, so they have to be anti something to make themselves feel better. As for me, I’m just Catholic (and all religion) friendly. Learning about it all and loving it…who knows where it all will end and fall…kwim?
 
For me, All discussions here have helped me in reading the Bible every morning and not skipping praying the Rosary every night.

This is the positive thing about discussion. However, if we fail to discuss in a charitable way, we will do more damage, and those who do not agree with us will say the same thing about their faith that they grow stronger in their faith.

Discussing with love is a must, and I am trying to practice it - it is hard sometimes.

Surely, God does not want us to divide among oursevles, I am not sure if I thank God for this anti-Catholic, but I know I need to pray for those who anti Catholic, and I thank God for strengthening my faith.
 
Water,so true and a MUST for all of us to remember. While discussing our beliefs with those who believe different, we must always remember to do so with Love and Charity of neighbor. I sometimes need alot of work concerning this myself.:rolleyes:

Only God can read the hearts of those whom we converse with, we can only pray that we have made a positive impact on them.👍
 
I have to say the same thing about being thankful for the anti-Catholics. I know I picked up a catechism because when people found out I was a baptized Catholic they immediately started asking me questions about what Catholics believed, that would mean they were not in fact Christians IF they believed it.

When I professed ignorance and let them know my parents left the Church when 4, they then would tell me what the Catholic church believed.

I finally got tired of feeling like an idiot, and frankly, some of the things people said didn’t “feel” right. So I picked up a catechism and started learning what the Catholic Church taught.

So, I too, must thank God for all those anti-Catholics:)
 
You got it right Mary!

I’ve also noted that the missionaries worth supporting are the ones that come back, not with grandiose stories of how they saved so many poor natives, but with humble stories of how the missionaries themselves grew deeper in faith. The ones that prance about as if they were on a tall white horse aren’t worth a nickel of my money.
 
Amen Black Jaque! The anti Catholic rhetoric I was getting from people is what made me start to study my faith again too. When my hubby joined the Church we got a whole other side of Anti-Catholicism… Sad but true, that times like these make you appreciate your faith so much more!
 
I was wondering what the root of Anti-catholic is?
  • Satan for sure.
  • how about being lack of humble and humility?
  • how about obedience?
  • how about love?
 
The Roots of Anti-Catholic?..How about this as well

FEAR:

~~Fear of the unknown

~~Fear of the reaction from family/friends if you question or
doubt anti-Catholic teachings

The Ultimate fear though?

~~Fear that you have been taught wrong all this time about
what Catholics truly believe and that by your study and
prayer, you find yourself at the Easter Vigil professing
the faith without family or friends there(this happened to
to me)😦
 
Ditto here too.

I was born and raised Catholic but it wasn’t until the past couple years (I’m 40) when an anti Catholic - ex Catholic started making rude comments that deserved a response. The problem was, I didn’t know enough about my faith to respond properly. A desire to respond to him coupled with a fascination of the extent of anti Catholic feelings caused me to dive in. Last but not least, this whole experience made me realize how much I didn’t know about my faith and how much I took for granted. All in all, it’s been an amazing experience that I’m so grateful for. I still have to watch my temper though. It can be frustrating to see someone so proud that they shut their brain off.
 
me too…cradle catholic here…

been experienced of being ignorant…and this non-Catholic co-worker started saying things against Catholicism…

i have no idea…just ignore…ignore…ignore…

and so i decided to check and research…now I’m very much happy…I found home here in CAF.

I was able to learn many things about my faith…and sometimes refute other non-Catholics acccusations…

May God be praise!

Janry
 
Hey,
You wanna hear a good one. Im not catholic, but since I have grown in my faith and walk with Christ, my catholic friend has been looking into her catholic faith. I never even said much at all about catholocism. I would just talk about what I have learned in bible study and how I am trying to apply it to my life and voila she wanted to know more.👍
 
Hey,
You wanna hear a good one. Im not catholic, but since I have grown in my faith and walk with Christ, my catholic friend has been looking into her catholic faith. I never even said much at all about catholocism. I would just talk about what I have learned in bible study and how I am trying to apply it to my life and voila she wanted to know more.👍
AWESOME! I always tell people that it is easier to get a cradle lukewarm Catholic on fire while keeping them IN the Catholic Church than to try to pull them out of it.

Of course, one has to believe that Catholics are Christians to do that, which is why they usually try to pull them OUT of the Catholic Church.
 
AWESOME! I always tell people that it is easier to get a cradle lukewarm Catholic on fire while keeping them IN the Catholic Church than to try to pull them out of it.

Of course, one has to believe that Catholics are Christians to do that, which is why they usually try to pull them OUT of the Catholic Church.
Hi,
Yeah I dont try to pull anyone out of their church. If they have the HS in them and want to worship God in a CC–I have no problem with that. I have the HS in me and I prefer to worship at a non-denom church. As far as I see it we both are worshipping God:thumbsup:
 
Nice comments. Just remember not to assume that all non-Catholics are anti-Catholic.
 
I agree. There is a huge difference between anti-Catholic and non-Catholic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top