Thank God for the Anti-Catholics

  • Thread starter Thread starter love4mary
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who are anti Catholic, some know exactly what they are up to, but there are those who are just followers, they think what they are doing is right - Just Paul who used to known as Saul prosecuting those who follows Jesus.
 
Yes and thank God for Catholics also and Catholic Forums. When I first started hanging around this forum and begin reading all the claims that were made by Catholics about the Catholic Church I decided that I had to do a lot more studying to find the truth. I found out that I was looking for a Rose and overlooking the Orchid. This is why I am even more Proud to be a Baptist.

Proud to be a Baptist
allischalmers
 
allischalmers,

What are the truths that you have found? You could surely share with us by opening up a new thread for discussion.

Thanks!
 
It was being asked in a shop by another customer why Catholics worshipped Mary that got me studying.

Then, a few years ago I had a boss who was anti-Catholic and answering his questions that cinched it for me (he isn’t now, but not quite a Catholic yet). I knew I had to become an apologist and also had to learn to defend Catholic Teaching using Scripture.

That got me reading the Bible more as well as Apologetic books.
 
I was wondering what the root of Anti-catholic is?
  • Satan for sure.
  • how about being lack of humble and humility?
  • how about obedience?
  • how about love?
All of the above, but I think the #1 root is PRIDE!
 
I go to a Christian school, (Not Catholic) and it was here I realized how little I knew my faith. After a debate with some kids, I realized I needed to learn. So I did, and I’m learning more everyday.🙂 I’m very happy and rpoud to be Catholic.
I haven’t yet had another chance at defending my faith better, but I asked Jesus’s and Mary’s help in this matter, and I belive that they shall definately help.

God Bless,
MS
 
I totally agree and actually was thinking about starting a thread just like this!! I was a fallen away Catholic for most of my teenage and young adult life. I stumbled upon this website searching for something and got hooked! Seeing anti-Catholics arguing and attacking Catholic beliefs is what made me explore this site and the wealth of knowledge it contains and also get out my Bible and Catechism book and learn for myself! It also saddened me to see the lack of love and charity that some people have for one another. Afterall, God wants us to love one another, not attack one another. 👍
 
I don’t know that I’d say I’m thankful for Anti-Catholics, per se, since that in itself is a negative thing for everyone, themselves included. But I’m thankful for the way God has brought a good thing out of something negative. Whenever my faith starts to waver or I feel unsure of myself (I’m not even a year old as a confirmed, communion-receiving Catholic), it rarely fails that if an anti-Catholic gets an argument started here on CAF, my faith is strengthened by the sheer lack of ability on their part to prove the Catholic Faith wrong. Though I am occasionally puzzled (I am new, after all) I’m rarely permanently stumped, and there’s always a decent answer of some kind. If the anti-Catholic arguments here represent some of the best and most aggressive, then there’s really not much to worry about. For that reassurance of Faith, I’m very thankful! :gopray2:
 
I’m a cradle Catholic that left for a short time for a four square church, but I knew after about a week there that with out the Eucharist it was… How do I put it… EMPTY! I was swayed by all my anti Catholic friends. I think it’s really important to remember that our seperated bretheren are hungry for Jesus, and charity towards them is paramount. I’ve had to humble myself for lack of charity which is very easy to fall into. I think for alot of people it’s good to remember the situation they came from, and how they used to argue the very same points and feel just as strongly about it, but God never fails to lead to the truth as long as one is sincerely seeking it. Todays anti Catholic may very well be tomorrows defender of the faith. I have to continually remind myself that defending the faith is primarily through love followed by education in the faith… I have a whole lot of reading to do.

Peace of Christ.
 
I was wondering what the root of Anti-catholic is?
  • Satan for sure.
  • how about being lack of humble and humility?
  • how about obedience?
  • how about love?
Well…I think it is that sense that any groups gets of exclusivity. In other words we have the right answers and need to impart wisdom to you and bring you around. You are misguided or of ill intent.

Same thing happens with policital parties in terms of evangelical fervor (be it Democrat or Republican)

Rev North
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top