Thanking a priest for a wonderful homily

  • Thread starter Thread starter tinalewis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tinalewis

Guest
How do you go about it?

I try to get to him right after Mass to let him know in person and as soon as possible afterward (such good corporate management training I’ve had over the past 30 years!). But, sometimes the crowd is too much or he has to tend to an important matter and vanishes before I have a chance to speak with him. In that case (as it was yesterday) I sent an e-mail as soon as I can, just to say “Great homily and I know others thought it was fabulous, too.”.

What does everyone else do?
 
I either tell him after Mass on the way out, have sent an email before, or tell him when I see him picking up the kids from CCD.
 
Send an email OR call the parish office and leave a message for him - the office staff gets to hear many complaints, it is nice for them to hear something good!
 
I usually send an e-mail or tell him when I see him during the week.

There are usually so many people around immediately after Mass that the most you can say is “nice homily” and move on. I’d rather have an opportunity to say something more about a part that particularly touched me or made me think, so I wait.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top