The abomination of desolation.

  • Thread starter Thread starter LilyAmongThorns
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LilyAmongThorns

Guest
I live in a city where wine is not served with bread except in one church (that I know of). I want to talk to you about the abomination of desolation.

First of all, it is Not the cup of germs but the Cup of Our Salvation. If brothers and sisters cannot drink from the same cup then they have not honored Christ in the way that we are made clean by him.

Bread without wine IS the abomination of desolation in which the daily sacrifice is taken away. You cannot have half of the Sacrament and take away the other half.

You see, the blood is the life of the body. Without the blood the body has no life and vice versa. Bread and wine; and body and blood must go together or else it becomes the abomination of desolation.

To be saved I must eat both the body and the blood.
 
That is not my understanding. My understanding is that if you partake of either species, you have received Holy Communion.
 
I live in a city where wine is not served with bread except in one church (that I know of). I want to talk to you about the abomination of desolation.

First of all, it is Not the cup of germs but the Cup of Our Salvation. If brothers and sisters cannot drink from the same cup then they have not honored Christ in the way that we are made clean by him.

Bread without wine IS the abomination of desolation in which the daily sacrifice is taken away. You cannot have half of the Sacrament and take away the other half.

You see, the blood is the life of the body. Without the blood the body has no life and vice versa. Bread and wine; and body and blood must go together or else it becomes the abomination of desolation.

To be saved I must eat both the body and the blood.
Body and Blood are both contained in one species. Blood is contained in the Body. When you receive the host you are receiving both. What you are thinking is protestant heresy.

Council of Trent

CANON III.-If any one denieth, that, in the venerable sacrament of the Eucharist, the whole Christ is contained under each species, and under every part of each species, when separated; let him be anathema.
 
I live in a city where wine is not served with bread except in one church (that I know of). I want to talk to you about the abomination of desolation.

First of all, it is Not the cup of germs but the Cup of Our Salvation. If brothers and sisters cannot drink from the same cup then they have not honored Christ in the way that we are made clean by him.

Bread without wine IS the abomination of desolation in which the daily sacrifice is taken away. You cannot have half of the Sacrament and take away the other half.

You see, the blood is the life of the body. Without the blood the body has no life and vice versa. Bread and wine; and body and blood must go together or else it becomes the abomination of desolation.

To be saved I must eat both the body and the blood.
:confused:
 
I live in a city where wine is not served with bread except in one church (that I know of). I want to talk to you about the abomination of desolation.

First of all, it is Not the cup of germs but the Cup of Our Salvation. If brothers and sisters cannot drink from the same cup then they have not honored Christ in the way that we are made clean by him.

Bread without wine IS the abomination of desolation in which the daily sacrifice is taken away. You cannot have half of the Sacrament and take away the other half.

You see, the blood is the life of the body. Without the blood the body has no life and vice versa. Bread and wine; and body and blood must go together or else it becomes the abomination of desolation.

To be saved I must eat both the body and the blood.
For many years, only the priest received the precious blood. Since Vatican II, the laity have been encouraged to receive under both species, as it is a more complete sign. That being said, Christ cannot be divided. If you receive under either species you are receiving the entire Christ (Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity). Hope this helps.
 
I live in a city where wine is not served with bread except in one church (that I know of). I want to talk to you about the abomination of desolation.

First of all, it is Not the cup of germs but the Cup of Our Salvation. If brothers and sisters cannot drink from the same cup then they have not honored Christ in the way that we are made clean by him.

Bread without wine IS the abomination of desolation in which the daily sacrifice is taken away. You cannot have half of the Sacrament and take away the other half.

You see, the blood is the life of the body. Without the blood the body has no life and vice versa. Bread and wine; and body and blood must go together or else it becomes the abomination of desolation.

To be saved I must eat both the body and the blood.
CCC 1377 - Christ is present whole and entire in each of the species and whole and entire in each of their parts, in such a way that the breaking of the bread does not divide Christ. (Cf. Council of Trent: DS 1641)
 
Hi LilyAmongThorns,

I see others have given you some good references to Church teaching on the real presence, particularly that Christ is present body, blood, soul and divinity in the sacred host. Hence, on Corpus Christi only the sacred host is processed.

I just thought I would add the Scriptural support for this teaching from 1 Cor. 11.27.

Therefore, whoever eats the bread OR drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body AND blood of the Lord.

Finally, I would just add that the practice of not sharing the cup with the faithful actually has a very beautiful reason; namely, because of a concern about the horrific possibility of spilling, even a drop, of the precious blood.

Not that I am opposed to the sharing of the cup, but I think that it is worth pausing to reflect before receiving from the cup, what a truly and deeply precious gift we are receiving, and how careful we must be when drinking and handing the cup back to the minister.

May God bless you and the prayers of our Blessed Mother comfort you.
 
the abomination of desolation must be understood from its right context viz "when ye shall see the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place where it should not etc - what could be more holy than God or the word of God - so what now stands in the holy place of God but man and what stands in the place of the word of God but the word of man viz Evolution vs Creation-Creature vs Creator-Truth vs Lie etc[Rmns.1:25] - twinc
 
the abomination of desolation must be understood from its right context viz "when ye shall see the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place where it should not etc - what could be more holy than God or the word of God - so what now stands in the holy place of God but man and what stands in the place of the word of God but the word of man viz Evolution vs Creation-Creature vs Creator-Truth vs Lie etc[Rmns.1:25] - twinc
Is it just possible that Rmns.1 is a sign of the times - twinc
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top