The apocryphal work “Transitus Beatae Mariae"

  • Thread starter Thread starter CreekCrawler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CreekCrawler

Guest
I’m sure you have all heard of the apocryphal work “Transitus Beatae Mariae" ( The Assumption of Mary ) that was condemned as heretical by Pope Gelasius in the 5th century.
There are those that use this as “proof” that the early Church did not believe in this dogma.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can actually read this apocryphal work… anyone have a link ?
Thanks!
 
I’m sure you have all heard of the apocryphal work “Transitus Beatae Mariae" ( The Assumption of Mary ) that was condemned as heretical by Pope Gelasius in the 5th century.
There are those that use this as “proof” that the early Church did not believe in this dogma.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can actually read this apocryphal work… anyone have a link ?
Thanks!
newadvent.org/fathers/0832.htm
 
I’m sure you have all heard of the apocryphal work “Transitus Beatae Mariae" ( The Assumption of Mary ) that was condemned as heretical by Pope Gelasius in the 5th century.
There are those that use this as “proof” that the early Church did not believe in this dogma.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can actually read this apocryphal work… anyone have a link ?
Thanks!
This book translates several early accounts of Mary’s assumption: Shoemaker, Ancient Traditions of Mary’s Dormition and Assumption. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. You can probably find the version you are looking for in there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top